Re: [Clip] setdocindex question

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi Manuel

      At 11:16 PM 11/30/03 +0100, you wrote:
      >When I use a number in a variable the don't go to index doc
      >I need to pass the value of nroDoc from clip to clip
      >Example
      >
      >CLIP ONE.
      >^!Set %nroDoc%=^$GetDocIndex$
      >
      >CLIP TWO
      >^!SetDocIndex ^%nroDoc%

      If you are running the two clips from the same library, then it should work
      ok. If you have the clip in another library or you are switching libraries
      before running the second clip then you need to make the variable global.
      You can do this by writing your clips like this:

      CLIP ONE.
      ^!Set %p_nroDoc%=^GetDocIndex$

      CLIP TWO
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%p_nroDoc%

      Variables beginning with p_ are treated a permanent global variables and
      NoteTab retains them until you clear them, close the clipbook, or shutdown
      NoteTab. If you want a really permanent varable you can store your
      information up to 128 characters long into NoteTab's ini file using the
      ^!SaveValue comand and ^$GetValue$ function to store and retreive it. It
      will stay in the ini file until you use the ^!ClearValue command to romove
      it or the ^!SaveValue command to change it.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Robert J Miller Jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
        Larry -- You're a one-man army! <:-) Keep up the good work! - Bob

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/