Line/column display

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
      When I run HTMLTidy, I get results in Line/column format for errors, is
      theere a way to make Notetab go to that address in that document?

      OR a way to display a line count/ column postition as you scroll the
      document?

      OR a way to have a line count ruler?

      Jeff
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
        If I understand the question ... you get an error with tidy at line
        number x, and you want to get to that line in the document.

        You can spring for Notetab Pro which has line numbering (but you need to
        turn off word wrap for it to approximately match). With that you can
        double click on the line numbers in the margin and it will give you a
        dialog box to type the line number you wish to jet to.

        You can use a clip that looks like this too:

        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!ClearVariable %VariableName%
        ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
        ^!SetWordWrap 0
        ^!Set %jump_number%=^?[Enter Line Number]
        ^!Jump ^%jump_number%
        ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%

        It retains the word wrap state.
        If I remember right Tidy may also not count blank lines or something so
        you may get off.

        Jeff wrote:

        > When I run HTMLTidy, I get results in Line/column format for errors, is
        > theere a way to make Notetab go to that address in that document?
        >
        > OR a way to display a line count/ column postition as you scroll the
        > document?
        >
        > OR a way to have a line count ruler?
        >
        > Jeff

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
          There is a line/column counter in the lower left corner of your NT
          screen. But I've found I have to 'unwrap' and 'undo' the text to have
          it read correctly to HTMLTidy errors. Hope that helps.

          --- Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:
          > When I run HTMLTidy, I get results in Line/column format for errors,
          > is
          > theere a way to make Notetab go to that address in that document?
          >
          > OR a way to display a line count/ column postition as you scroll the
          > document?
          >
          > OR a way to have a line count ruler?
          >
          > Jeff

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
            ^!Jump DOC_START
            ^!ClearVariable %VariableName%
            ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
            ^!SetWordWrap 0
            ^!Set %jump_number%=^?[Enter Line Number]
            ^!Jump ^%jump_number%
            ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%

            This one jumps away from the caret position then jumps back to position
            1:1

            Is it somehow NOT setting the variable to the requested line #?

            Jeff
          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
              works for me, but I am in pro ... maybe something diff?
              I would ad a continue in there and display the variable
              or turn on debug

              Jeff wrote:

              > ^!Jump DOC_START
              > ^!ClearVariable %VariableName%
              > ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
              > ^!SetWordWrap 0
              > ^!Set %jump_number%=^?[Enter Line Number]
              > ^!Jump ^%jump_number%
              > ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%
              >
              > This one jumps away from the caret position then jumps back to position
              > 1:1
              >
              > Is it somehow NOT setting the variable to the requested line #?
              >
              > Jeff

            • Alan C.
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
                On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:35:19 -0800, Jeff wrote:
                > ^!Jump DOC_START
                > ^!ClearVariable %VariableName%
                > ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
                > ^!SetWordWrap 0
                > ^!Set %jump_number%=^?[Enter Line Number]
                > ^!Jump ^%jump_number%
                > ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%
                >
                > This one jumps away from the caret position then jumps back to position
                > 1:1
                >
                > Is it somehow NOT setting the variable to the requested line #?

                I tried it with a lengthy doc containing a lot of long lines. Under this particular circumstance, it didn't work for me.

                But it did work when I just left the word wrap turned off. Thus:

                ^!Jump DOC_START
                ^!Set %word_wrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
                ^!SetWordWrap 0
                ^!Set %jump_number%=^?[Enter Line Number]
                ^!Jump ^%jump_number%
                ; next line deactivated leaves wordwrap at 0 or off
                ; ^!SetWordWrap ^%word_wrap%
                ; ------<end

                any line that begins with a semi colon is deactivated

                --
                Alan.
              • Jeff

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
                    I do generally have to hit the down/up arrow to move the cursor for the
                    document to focus on the correct line after running the clip if word
                    wrap is on. I don't know why it doesn't focus there, but it doesn't.
                    Example in the document I have up now, line 35 with word wrap off is
                    line 69 with word wrap on. I think Tidy has word wrap off. When I run
                    the clip I cannot see the cursor, but when I hit up/down in sequence I
                    am where I want to be.

                    Hope that helps.

                    There have been several clips around to make tables out of delimited or
                    similar files. Check the archives.