Re: [Clip] Incorrect file name for open document

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2003
      Mine comes up efo` etc when I open it from the website instead of a
      local file.
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2003
        That happens when you don't save the file before launching it in a
        browser window.

        --- Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:
        > Mine comes up efo` etc when I open it from the website instead of a
        > local file.

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • Dick Gascoigne
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2003
          I've since noticed that the name of a document, as reported by the NTB
          variable ^*, changes whenever I've changed the document and not saved it.

          I assume that NTB is keeping the modified document as a temp, referenced by
          a filename of efo~n, where n is incrementedfor each temp file in a NTB
          session.

          The solution is to do a ^!Save before referencing the document name with ^*.

          Dick Gascoigne
          Singapore

          > That happens when you don't save the file before launching it in a
          > browser window.
          >
          > --- Jeff <scismgenie@...> wrote:
          > > Mine comes up efo` etc when I open it from the website instead of a
          > > local file.

          > Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          > http://companion.yahoo.com/

        • loro
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 27, 2003
            Hi Dick,

            >I've since noticed that the name of a document, as reported by the NTB
            >variable ^*, changes whenever I've changed the document and not saved it.
            >
            >I assume that NTB is keeping the modified document as a temp, referenced by
            >a filename of efo~n, where n is incrementedfor each temp file in a NTB
            >session.

            Yes.

            >The solution is to do a ^!Save before referencing the document name with ^*.

            You don't have to do that. I guess you missed my post yesterday. Use a hash (#) instead of the star (*). That will get the name of the saved file. It's all explained in the (Not Clip) Help file under Clip Basics.

            _________

            Lotta
          • Dick Gascoigne
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
              Yes, I did miss your message. I'll switch to ^#. Thank you.
              Dick