Re: [Clip] Messages in a DOS window

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2003
      Hi Roy,

      At 01:22 PM 11/10/03 -0600, you wrote:
      >I run an interpreter under DOS. When it sees an error in my code, it puts
      >out an error message on the DOS window and goes to EOJ. It really is not
      >an error as far as DOS is concerned. A sample of its output is below.
      >
      >If I run the interpreter from NoteTab Pro, the error flashes up and then
      >Notetab closes the DOS window, so I never get a chance to read it.
      >This message does not go into C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\StdError.err.
      >Does anyone have a solution?
      >I prefer to run everything from Notetab w/o having to open a DOS window
      >and doing it from there.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Roy

      This clip will run your interpreter from a DOS window from NoteTab or if
      you choose "DOS to Document", it will run from NoteTab and send all DOS
      output including errors to a new noname.txt document which you can discard
      after reading the output message(s).

      You can modify the clip so that it always runs your interpreter without
      making the entries.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="DosLink"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;11/10/2003, 03:28:54 PM
      ;
      ^!^?[Select Dos Function==_Dos Window^=Goto Dos Command /k|Dos to
      Document^=Goto Dos to Doc]
      ;

      :Dos Command /k
      ^!SetWizardTitle "Dos Window"
      ^!Deletefile ^$GetAppPath$dc.bat
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetAppPath$dc.bat" @echo off^%nl%^?{(T=M)Enter Dos command=}
      ^!Command.com /k "^$GetAppPath$dc.bat"
      ^!Goto Exit

      :Dos to Doc
      ^!SetWizardTitle "Dos to Document"
      ^!Deletefile ^$GetAppPath$dc.bat
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetAppPath$dc.bat" @echo off^%nl%^?{(T=M)Enter Dos command=}
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetOutput("^$GetAppPath$dc.bat")$
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ^!IfFileExist "^$GetAppPath$StdError.err" Next Else Skip
      ^!InsertText ^$GetOutput("^$GetAppPath$ts.bat")$
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!Goto Exit
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |

      Join the long line and remove the long line markers before adding the clip
      to your library.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê