Messages in a DOS window

  • Roy Herring
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2003
      I run an interpreter under DOS. When it sees an error in my code, it puts
      out an error message on the DOS window and goes to EOJ. It really is not
      an error as far as DOS is concerned. A sample of its output is below.

      If I run the interpreter from NoteTab Pro, the error flashes up and then
      Notetab closes the DOS window, so I never get a chance to read it.
      This message does not go into C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\StdError.err.
      Does anyone have a solution?
      I prefer to run everything from Notetab w/o having to open a DOS window
      and doing it from there.

      Thanks,
      Roy

      Sample error message in a DOS window:

      C:\>RHT
      4 *-* A = 1+a
      Error 41 running C:\1\RH\RHT.CMD line 4: Bad arithmetic conversion
      Error 41.1: Nonnumeric value ("A") used in arithmetic operation

      C:\>