Re: [Clip] Clip Editor is Active???

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hi Ed,

      I looked at an earlier posting and it appears that what you are referring
      to as a template is really a clipbook library with the name HTML.clb. When
      I go to this library, the first clip there is the same as the one that I
      just posted with the name of "New Web Page". So you can use that as part
      of your model but as I said before, you need to create a new clipbook
      library and copy the clips to it so that you can play with them without
      risking the original libraries.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2003
        Edward,

        For quick information on the NoteTab file and directory structure and formats go to
        http://jimbow.com/
        and download "NoteTab Intro for Newbies"

        For quick information on the the different types of NoteTab "Clips" (macros or scripts) and what they do, and how to use them go to
        http://jimbow.com/
        and download "Basic Clip Basics"

        You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:
        http://www.notetab.net/
        (All kinds of neat goodies)

        At 08:29 AM 11/5/2003 -0600, you wrote:
        >OK, I understand that I know nothing about clips and clip writing and I
        >am trying to learn at the places you suggest. However, the immediate
        >problem at hand is this.

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 5, 2003
          > AH, nevermind after reading your email and looking in the clipbook
          > program, I managed to drag the Template to Notepad where it opened up
          > and I put it back where it belonged. Works as it should now. Thanks. The
          > bright light has not lit up yet but the candle has been lit.. Perhaps
          > working with a copy of this template I can get one to work the way I
          > want it to. Thanks very much, Larry.
          > Ed

          Ed,

          Templates are special animals and they can interact with clips which can
          make it confusing. To work on a template, Ed, you have to do file /
          template / open and then save it under a different name right away
          before modifying it. They are very special files. They are also
          powerful when you figure out what they do.
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 5, 2003
            At 03:03 PM 11/5/03 -0500, you wrote:
            >Templates are special animals and they can interact with clips which can
            >make it confusing. To work on a template, Ed, you have to do file /
            >template / open and then save it under a different name right away
            >before modifying it. They are very special files. They are also
            >powerful when you figure out what they do.

            Hi Don,

            Actually going to the menu and selecting file/template/open will not allow
            you to edit a template file. This action actually opens a new document
            based on the template file. Opening the HTML template this way will open a
            new HTML file ready for you to edit similar to the way the new file command
            opens a new noname01.txt file.

            To open the template files for editing, you should select
            file/template/edit. To create a brand new template file select
            file/template/new.

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 6, 2003
              Yep, I knew what I wanted to say! I just didn't :-)
              I meant edit of course.

              If you open a template it does it's thing Ed.
              Buy you can edit it. Click edit, immediately save under a diff. name
              and then whack away. That way you don't affect the "real" template.