web page creation template.

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2003
      With the hel of this list I created a 3900 pageweb site using a creation
      template CLIP.

      Stylesheets would generally be the best answer, and possibly Server
      side Includes, whic require cooperation from your server ( the files
      are stored in the Server directory).

      However since neither of those options were feasble ( and not supported
      by older browsers) I opted to template the creation.

      I have two versions of this template, the first does this:

      When I open the source d ocument in NoteTab, I highlight the section I
      want to make into a webpage.

      I activate the clip which does the following actions,

      1. CUTS the selected text.
      2. Creates a NEW document.
      3. Pastes the selected text into the preformatted template, and pastes
      the WHOLE onto he new document.
      4. SEARCHES the new document and FINDS the starting place I choose.
      (sets the caret)
      5. Returns to the designated source documnt for the next selection.

      What I have to do after the clip competes, (after all I have created are
      completed) is to oen each one, move a title into the apprropriate place,
      and SAVE it as (docname).html to place it in the correct directory based
      on it's file name. I can create two webpages a minute as it is.

      Larry and others here could probably help to automate the remaining
      steps, because NoteTab can do almost ANY form of text processing.

      The other version omits the return to source step, and stops on the
      selected caret position for immediate saving of the document.

      Here is the CLIP: (Thanks everyone who helped put it together):

      ~~~~~~BeginClip Template for creating website page from a highlighted
      block of text.~~~~~~~~~

      ^!Set %IDX%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!SetDocIndex IndexValue=1
      ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+X CTRL+N

      <head>

      <TITLE><!Insert Page Title here></TITLE>

      <META NAME="description" CONTENT="<!Insert a page description here>">

      <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="<!INSERT Keywords separated by commas
      and a single space>">

      </head>

      <!NOTE: The page parameters here set the "basic white background"
      parameters)
      <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#0000FF" VLINK="#800080"
      ALINK="#FF0000"><P><P>

      <!INSERT the first part of your HTML coding here to create your
      template, the SELECTED TEXT from the source document will past in
      ANYWHERE the "^&" characters appear in the document.>

      ^& <!NOTE: This is where the selected Text will paste>

      <!INSERT the remainder of your template code here.>

      </BODY>

      </HTML>
      ^!Find "<!INSERT what you want the search to find in THIS document
      template (It should appear only once in the template), this resets the
      caret position.>" BI
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%IDX%

      ~~~~End of Template clb template......~~~~~~~~

      After creating the template save it in the clipbook as a new clip, give
      it a name and it should operate well.

      Jeff