Re: Clip Editor is Active???

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
      The clip editor has a document tab name of [Clips] and it's true that
      you can not execute a clip while you have it open as the active
      document. But you can press F4 to toggle the clip editor open or
      closed.

      The dot icon means you have no clip commands in your clip. If you
      did, you would see the ! icon.

      I'm not sure why you want to use a clip to create a template when
      regular NoteTab templates are made to do the job, but I guess you
      can. Below is a sample clip to create a very basic HTML template.

      John

      H="HTML Template"

      ; Above is the clip title
      ; Below are the clip commands

      ^!InsertHtml <html>^P
      ^!InsertHtml <head>^P
      ^!InsertHtml <title>^?[Enter Web Page Title]</title>^P
      ^!InsertHtml </head>^P
      ^!InsertHtml <body>^P^P
      ^!InsertHtml </body>^P
      ^!InsertHtml </html>^P

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Edward <ebrown27@b...> wrote:
      > = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
      >
      > H=";HTML Template"
      >

      > H="New Eaton Web Page"
      >

      > H="New Web page"
      >

      > H=";Document Elements"
      > Most of these elements are required within an HTML document for it
      > conform to HTML standards.
      >

      > The above is what I see when I look into the HTML Template section
      of
      > the page. Now I get a message that the clip cannot be opened while
      the
      > clip editor is active. How do I de-activate the clip editor?
      > Ed
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
        A correction to my last post. Pressing F4 toggles the clipbook on
        and off (and closes the clip editor). To simply "deactivate" the
        clip editor, just click any document tab name to make anything except
        [Clips] the active document.

        John
      • Edward
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          John Zeman wrote:

          > The clip editor has a document tab name of [Clips] and it's true that
          > you can not execute a clip while you have it open as the active
          > document. But you can press F4 to toggle the clip editor open or
          > closed.
          >
          > The dot icon means you have no clip commands in your clip. If you
          > did, you would see the ! icon.
          >
          > I'm not sure why you want to use a clip to create a template when
          > regular NoteTab templates are made to do the job, but I guess you
          > can. Below is a sample clip to create a very basic HTML template.
          >
          > John
          >

          > H="HTML Template"
          >
          > ; Above is the clip title
          > ; Below are the clip commands
          >
          > ^!InsertHtml <html>^P
          > ^!InsertHtml <head>^P
          > ^!InsertHtml <title>^?[Enter Web Page Title]</title>^P
          > ^!InsertHtml </head>^P
          > ^!InsertHtml <body>^P^P
          > ^!InsertHtml </body>^P
          > ^!InsertHtml </html>^P
          >

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Edward <ebrown27@b...> wrote:
          > > = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30
          > >
          > > H=";HTML Template"
          > >

          > > H="New Eaton Web Page"
          > >

          > > H="New Web page"
          > >

          > > H=";Document Elements"
          > > Most of these elements are required within an HTML document for it
          > > conform to HTML standards.
          > >

          > > The above is what I see when I look into the HTML Template section
          > of
          > > the page. Now I get a message that the clip cannot be opened while
          > the
          > > clip editor is active. How do I de-activate the clip editor?
          > > Ed
          >

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
          Basically this is a template for a web page that I am making. It saves a
          lot of time as it has everything on it that I need to create at least
          50% of the page. I would like to use it instead of the generic one
          supplied.