Re: How do I change the default search direction?

  • benb_i26up@xemaps.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2003
      On Saturday, Oct 25, 2003
      Larry C wrote regarding "How do I change the default search direction?";

      > I use NoteTab to edit a very basic .txt file that starts with ".log"
      > on the first line. Because of the ".log" when I double click on the
      > text file it opens, goes to the end and inserts the Date and Time.
      > Then editing can begin. If I can get the string "^!Keyboard CTRL+F
      > ALT+H UP ESC" to also execute when the file is opened, then when I
      > wanted to do a search the search direction would already be set to UP.
      > Will the OnOpen clip command work? Does that run when NoteTab is
      > opened?

      Hi Larry,

      I should probably point out that I'm not as proficient at clip writing
      as many of the other contributors to this list. But hey, I'm learning
      from this too.

      To answer your question though, yes it will IF
      1) The name of the clip is "OnOpen".
      and
      2) You leave the clipbook library containing the clip open when you
      close NoteTab. (You can "hide clipbook" though, if you like)

      You may want to do something like this to prevent the clip from
      completing when you open a non-.log file.

      H="OnOpen"
      ^!If "^$GetLine(1)$" <> ".log" EXIT
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+F ALT+H UP ESC

      HTH