Re: [Clip] copy lines from x to x

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24 5:51 PM
      Hi Mike,

      At 07:59 PM 10/24/03 -0400, you wrote:
      >Greetings,
      >
      >I need to copy a specific set of lines from one point to another.
      >Is there clip for this?
      >
      >In other words, in NoteTab, with HTML files, I want to copy lines 6-10 to
      >line 30-35.
      >
      >I need to do this to multiple files with always the same lines.
      >
      >Thanks for any help.
      >
      >Mike - newbie

      You can try this and see if it works for you.

      H="Copy Lines"
      ^!Set %Wordwrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!SetWordwrap 0
      ^!Jump 6
      ^!SelectTo 11:1
      ^!Toolbar Copy
      ^!Jump 30
      ^!Toolbar Paste
      ^!SetWordwrap ^%Wordwrap%

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24 5:54 PM
        Mike,

        I am doing something else right now but a little later I will revise this
        clip so that you can run it and have it cycle though all of your open
        documents and do them all at once. This one only works on one document at
        a time and it requires you to manually switch from document to document and
        run the clip for each one. I know that I can do better than that. I will
        get back to you on this.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24 6:10 PM
          I had finished a nearly identical clip except I cut and paste:

          ;get lines x-y, then copy them at line z
          ^!Jump DOC_START
          ^!Set %Wordwrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
          ^!SetWordwrap 0
          ;SET FOLLOWING NUMBER TO FIRST LINE TO COPY
          ^!Jump 6
          ;SET FOLLOWING NUMBER TO LAST LINE TO COPY
          ^!Select 5
          ^!KeyBoard CTRL+X DELETE
          ;SET TO LINE NUMBER TO COPY TO
          ;MINUS NUMBER OF LINES CUT
          ;EXAMPLE: 30-6+1=25
          ^!Jump 25
          ^!KeyBoard CTRL+V ENTER
          ^!SetWordwrap ^%Wordwrap%

          When you grap a clip from email you need to be sure no lines got wrapped.
          You copy it and then paste it into a clip library. If the clip library
          (list of clips at left of window in most setups) isn't open, then hit f4 to
          open it. Right click over the clips and select add from clipboard. If you
          don't like where it is, you can drag it up or down in the list.

          Tip: when you update notetab periodically, it may overwrite clips if you
          have them in one of the existing libraries that comes with notetab. Thus
          you may wish to create your own clip library which is also easy, just right
          click over the library drop down menu and select new.
          --

          Don Passenger

          If you need an html fix visit
          http://www.htmlfixit.com
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24 6:38 PM
            Mike,

            Here is my revised clip. Warning!! I have not tested this clip on a group
            of open files so you need to take special care to test it. It should cycle
            though all of your open files starting with the first in the index sequence
            and ending with the last item. This clip also tests each file to see if it
            is an html file and if it is so then the clip processes the file and copies
            the lines. Otherwise it skips to the next document.

            ______[Copy below this line]_______
            H="Copy Lines"
            ;lrt@... e¿ê
            ;10/24/2003, 08:31:38 PM
            ^!Document First
            :Loop
            ^!IfTrue ^$IsHtmlDoc$ Next ELSE NextDoc
            ^!Set %Wordwrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
            ^!SetWordwrap 0
            ^!Jump 6
            ^!SelectTo 11:1
            ^!Toolbar Copy
            ^!Jump 30
            ^!Toolbar Paste
            ^!SetWordwrap ^%Wordwrap%
            :NextDoc
            ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ = ^$GetDocCount$ Exit ELSE Next
            ^!Document Next
            ^!Goto Loop
            _____[Copy above this line]______
            | right click over the clipbook |
            | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê
          • Larry Thomas
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 24 6:47 PM
              Mike,

              You should also know that this clip will probably not work if your document
              does not have at least thirty-one lines or more.

              Regards,

              Larry
              lrt@... e¿ê