Saving and Updating Files

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2003
      I apologize for this inquiry as I know there must be a clip already that
      can do some of this stuff but I can't remember where I have seen it. I have
      checked the NoteTab and Jody's site and my archives of this list but still
      can't seem to find it.

      What I need to do is save an existing file as "daily[VariableNumber]" and
      if that file exists then name it as the next in sequence, i.e. if
      "daily1.htm" exists then name it "daily2.htm". It would need to be added as
      a line in a template file ("daily.tpl"). I already have the line "^!Save AS
      e:\1-TNS\1-MAIN\daily.htm" in the file but I first need to save the
      existing "daily.htm" as stated previously, i.e. "daily1.htm", "daily2.htm",
      etc.

      I appreciate the help!

      Lee