Re: [Clip] VT-type 'PF1' keystroke

  • Eric Anders Rowe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2003
      Jody:
      > > I have no idea what "VT-type 'PF1'" means, so
      > > perhaps this is no help at all. <g>

      Alec:
      > FWIW: VT-type refers to DEC Digital Equipment
      > Corporation terminals used primarily with the
      > VAX-VMS operating system. They all had PF
      > (program function) keys PF1,PF2,PF3,PF4
      <snip>
      > they differed from normal function keys in
      > that if you hit PF1 key nothing gets
      > initiated until the following key is hit.

      That's an excellent summary Alec, thanks! :) I could have been more
      clear with my original question though...

      I'll continue working on using the hex equivalents. I could be that
      the problem is not one which can be resolved by clip programming, but
      simply a limitation of the legacy hardware on which I'm working...

      Thanks again, Jody and Alec! :)

      - Eric