Re: [NTB] Copying several outline topics

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      Hi Roy,

      At 01:38 PM 10/8/03 -0500, you wrote:
      >Is there a way to copy serveral (not all) topics at once from an .OTL doc?
      >Roy

      If you can first open the outline file as a plain text file, you can copy
      several outline topics at once if they are consecutive in sequence by
      selecting and then copying them. Otherwise it is not possible. Here are
      several clips that I use for these purposes.

      This clip copies the raw outline into a temporary Noname.txt file and you
      just select/highlight all of the text starting with H="Topic First" and
      stopping just before the heading H="Topic Not Wanted". Then you copy it
      and go to the outline document where you want it and right click on the
      topic just above where you want to insert it and select "Add from Clipboard".

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="AnyFile To New Document"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;04/23/2003, 12:14:03 AM
      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetFileText(^**)$
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ^!Jump 1
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      This clip works as above but the text does not have any H="Topic Names".
      These are converted to:

      Topic Names
      -----------

      And you cannot insert these into another outline document. You can only
      save them as a plain text file.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Display Outline as Text Only"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;10/08/2003, 03:49:35 PM
      ^!SaveValue DOCIDX=^$Getdocindex$
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsOutlineDoc$ NEXT ELSE NOTOTL
      ^!KEYBOARD ALT+E Y Y
      ^!TOOLBAR PASTE NEW
      ^!JUMP DOC_START
      ^!GOTO EXIT
      :NOTOTL
      ^!INFO This is not an OTL document.
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      This clip allows you to copy out the current outline topic to new text
      file. (Just one topic at a time).

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Topic to New Doc"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;10/08/2003, 03:49:35 PM
      ^!SaveValue DOCIDX=^$Getdocindex$
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsOutlineDoc$ NEXT ELSE NOTOTL
      ^!KEYBOARD ALT+E Y N
      ^!TOOLBAR PASTE NEW
      ^!JUMP DOC_START
      ^!KEYBOARD ALT+D O F4