Re: [Clip] The operation of ^%NL%

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2003
      At 04:01 PM 10/2/03 -0600, you wrote:
      >I have a question on the operation of ^%NL%.
      >I have a simple clip below that deletes blank lines.
      >It works fine, but if a line contains an equal sign (=), it thinks
      >it is a null line and deletes it.
      >Can anyone help?
      >Thanks, Roy

      Hi Roy,

      I just received your post to me about wanting to delete lines that appear
      blank but contain non-printing characters such as spaces, tabs,etc as well
      a the newline character pair. I have revised my clip and I believe that
      this will work for you.

      Here it is.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Remove Blank Lines"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;10/05/2003, 04:32:24 PM
      ^!Set %Wordwrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!SetWordwrap 0
      ^!Jump 1
      :Loop
      ^!IfTrue ^$Isblank(^$Getline$)$ Skip ELSE Next
      ^!If ^$GetLineSize$ > 0 Skip_2 ELSE Next
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetTextLineCount$ Skip ELSE Loop
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!IfTrue ^$Isblank(^$Getline$)$ Skip ELSE Next
      ^!If ^$GetLineSize$ > 0 Skip ELSE Next
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!If ^$GetRow$ >= ^$GetTextLineCount$ Next ELSE Loop
      ^!SetWordwrap ^%Wordwrap%
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End
      ^!IfTrue ^$Isblank(^$Getline$)$ Next ELSE Skip
      ^!DeleteLine
      ^!If ^$GetLineSize$ > 0 Exit ELSE Next
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End Backspace
      _____[Copy above this line]______