Blank line at end of Doc

  • James Senick
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
      Hello Clippers,

      Is there a way to suppress the addition of the blank line at the
      end of a document
      -or-
      a way to remove it on after the fact via a clip?

      BTW, isn't there a term for the blank line at the end of a
      document?

      TIA

      --
      Best regards,
      James

      Using NoteTabPro v.4.95n/p
      Windows XP build 2600
      AMD Athlon 1Ghz 1.0 GB RAM
    • James Senick
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
        Hello James, (heh)

        On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, at 10:06:32 [GMT -0400] James Senick wrote
        in <mid:410903037.20030926100632@...>:

        > Is there a way to suppress the addition of the blank line at the
        > end of a document
        > -or-
        > a way to remove it on after the fact via a clip?

        Ok, I managed to accomplish the same task with the following
        commands:

        ^!Jump Doc_END
        ^!InsertText KiLlThIsLiNe
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Replace "\n KiLlThIsLiNe" >> "" AR

        Yet, it seems there was a better way to do this. The issue I
        was having was with attempting to Jump to the Doc_End and using
        DeleteLine and trying to Jumping to the Doc_End and then
        replacing the next "^P" with "". Neither worked.

        Nevertheless, I swear I read something regarding the ability to
        suppress that last blank line when creating a new doc via a

        --
        Best regards,
        James

        Using NoteTabPro v.4.95n/p
        Windows XP build 2600
        AMD Athlon 1Ghz 1.0 GB RAM

        ... All probabilities are 50 It happens or it doesn't.
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
          Can it call the end of Doc, then Backspace?
        • James Senick
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
            Hello Jeff,

            On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, at 07:30:14 [GMT -0700] Jeff Scism wrote
            in <mid:3F744D76.E01C374A@...>:

            > Can it call the end of Doc, then Backspace?

            It should with:
            ^!Jump Doc_End
            ^!Keyboard BACKSPACE

            However, I haven't tested it. (I don't dare break it now that it
            works :-)

            --
            Best regards,
            James

            Using NoteTabPro v.4.95n/p
            Windows XP build 2600
            AMD Athlon 1Ghz 1.0 GB RAM
          • Jim Hall
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2003
              James,

              At 10:06 AM 9/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              >BTW, isn't there a term for the blank line at the end of a
              >document?

              In some applications it is seen as an EOF (End Of File) Marker and they may or may not work correctly without it.

              Regards,

              Jim
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2003
                Hi James/Jeff,

                I need just the opposite, so I have some code that ensures that.
                You would use the second example. Just using [Backspace] will not
                work if you have two or more [Enter]s at the end of the document.

                H=Leave Enter
                ^!Jump Doc_End
                ^!InsertText ^p
                :Loop
                ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
                ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                ^!Goto Loop
                ^!InsertText ^p

                H=No Enter After End of Text
                ^!Jump Doc_End
                ^!InsertText ^p
                :Loop
                ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ End
                ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
                ^!Goto Loop

                >> Can it call the end of Doc, then Backspace?
                >
                >It should with:
                >^!Jump Doc_End
                >^!Keyboard BACKSPACE

                http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

              • Larry Thomas
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2003
                  At 10:06 AM 9/26/03 -0400, you wrote:
                  >Hello Clippers,
                  >
                  >Is there a way to suppress the addition of the blank line at the
                  >end of a document
                  >-or-
                  >a way to remove it on after the fact via a clip?
                  >
                  >BTW, isn't there a term for the blank line at the end of a
                  >document?

                  This clip removes all blanks at the end of your current document or outline
                  topic.

                  ______[Copy below this line]_______
                  H="Remove Blank Lines at End of Document"
                  ;lrt@... e¿ê
                  ;10/05/2003, 04:03:46 PM
                  :Loop
                  ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End