Re: Play List on RealPlayer and other players (enhanced version)

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003

      > Hi Sheri,
      >
      > Is there a reverse clip, i.e. one that converts an m3u file to, for
      > example, tab delimited text?
      >
      > Will appreciate.

      Hi Piotr,

      That shouldn't be hard to write.

      http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html gives an overview of the
      fileformat for m3u files, which is very straightforward. Other sites
      may have further details.

      But in the meantime, check out foobar2000 as well
      (www.foobar2000.org); it is a very nice lightweight audioplayer with
      a very familiar interface for most of us. Playlists can very easily
      managed through tabs, where other players suffer from an overdesigned
      UI.

      Regards,

      Hugo
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "syntaxpb" <syntax@i...> wrote:
        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...>
        wrote:
        > > Hi Ray and others,
        > >
        > > I've enhanced the clip to allow a playlist to be named and saved
        (or
        > just accept the temp.m3u), In the saving process, you can press
        Ctrl+V
        > to paste editable name constructed from the deepest segment of the
        > folder path.
        > >

        > Hi Sheri,
        >
        > Is there a reverse clip, i.e. one that converts an m3u file to, for
        > example, tab delimited text?
        >
        > Will appreciate.
        >
        > Piotr

        Hi Piotr,

        I'm not familiar with a tab delimitted playlist format. The playlists
        generated by that clip are lists of fully qualified (media) file
        names, one per line. To separate by tabs instead of lines, you could
        replace line separators with tabs. The following clip would do it. It
        also restores the last line break in the file.

        H="Paras to Tabs"
        ^!Replace "^P" >> "^T" ISWA
        ^!Select -1
        ^!Inserttext ^P

        Hope it helps,
        Sheri
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen" <H.Paulissen@F...>
          wrote:

          > http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html gives an overview of the
          > fileformat for m3u files, which is very straightforward. Other
          sites
          > may have further details.

          Hi Hugo,

          Just for clarification, the more complicated specifications are
          optional. The clip he mentioned generates simple file lists.