Re: Play List on RealPlayer and other players (enhanced version)

  • syntaxpb
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Ray and others,
      >
      > I've enhanced the clip to allow a playlist to be named and saved (or
      just accept the temp.m3u), In the saving process, you can press Ctrl+V
      to paste editable name constructed from the deepest segment of the
      folder path.

      Hi Sheri,

      Is there a reverse clip, i.e. one that converts an m3u file to, for
      example, tab delimited text?

      Will appreciate.

      Piotr
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003

        > Hi Sheri,
        >
        > Is there a reverse clip, i.e. one that converts an m3u file to, for
        > example, tab delimited text?
        >
        > Will appreciate.

        Hi Piotr,

        That shouldn't be hard to write.

        http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html gives an overview of the
        fileformat for m3u files, which is very straightforward. Other sites
        may have further details.

        But in the meantime, check out foobar2000 as well
        (www.foobar2000.org); it is a very nice lightweight audioplayer with
        a very familiar interface for most of us. Playlists can very easily
        managed through tabs, where other players suffer from an overdesigned
        UI.

        Regards,

        Hugo
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "syntaxpb" <syntax@i...> wrote:
          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@c...>
          wrote:
          > > Hi Ray and others,
          > >
          > > I've enhanced the clip to allow a playlist to be named and saved
          (or
          > just accept the temp.m3u), In the saving process, you can press
          Ctrl+V
          > to paste editable name constructed from the deepest segment of the
          > folder path.
          > >

          > Hi Sheri,
          >
          > Is there a reverse clip, i.e. one that converts an m3u file to, for
          > example, tab delimited text?
          >
          > Will appreciate.
          >
          > Piotr

          Hi Piotr,

          I'm not familiar with a tab delimitted playlist format. The playlists
          generated by that clip are lists of fully qualified (media) file
          names, one per line. To separate by tabs instead of lines, you could
          replace line separators with tabs. The following clip would do it. It
          also restores the last line break in the file.

          H="Paras to Tabs"
          ^!Replace "^P" >> "^T" ISWA
          ^!Select -1
          ^!Inserttext ^P

          Hope it helps,
          Sheri
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2003
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hugo_paulissen" <H.Paulissen@F...>
            wrote:

            > http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html gives an overview of the
            > fileformat for m3u files, which is very straightforward. Other
            sites
            > may have further details.

            Hi Hugo,

            Just for clarification, the more complicated specifications are
            optional. The clip he mentioned generates simple file lists.