Re: [Clip] Help with "escaping" double quotes from an input control

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2003
      spanishfreak88 wrote:

      >> wrote:
      >
      > You are partially correct; I did omit the last two options, but not
      > intentionally.
      >
      > What I need is some way to force notetab to accept the quotes as part
      > of the string itself.
      >
      > BTW, the string is input via a wizard field as
      > such: ^!Set %QueryString%=^?{Enter your search term here:=Keyword or
      > phrase}. Therefore, if I type quotes in the text box as part of the
      > search expression, they have to be converted into the url escape
      > codes. Is it perhaps possible to achieve this with a regular
      > expression? (It would really be helpful if notetab had an onkeypress
      > sort of event handler...) Thanks in advance for any other responses.
      >
      > Craig Nicholson

      Craig,

      I tried to give the example of quoting all the strings but I didn't know
      you were using a wizard to collect the input for the string. The
      example below should ensure the string, at creation, is surrounded by
      quotes.

      quote after first = quote after
      closing curly brace.
      ^!Set %QueryString%="^?{Enter your search term here:=Keyword or phrase}"

      Try this, see if it helps.

      hrs