Re: [NTB] Get rid of WordWeb integration?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2003
      At 08:35 PM 9/5/03 +0200, you wrote:
      >Hi Harvey and Jim,
      >
      >Jim wrote:
      >> Just go into regedit and delete the below Key and all of
      >> it's subkeys
      ><snip>
      >> it still recreates the Netword Key in the registry and you
      >> will have to delete it again as described above to use the
      >> NoteTab Thesaurus.
      >
      >>As long as you don't run WordWeb it will stay as is.
      >
      >I guess all posts don't go though on the list ATM. I said in my earlier
      post that I'm aware of the registry setting. You are right though, WW
      recreates the entry. Call me lazy, but I don't really see deleting a
      registry key every time I want to use a program as viable solution.

      You can use the command below at the beginning of a clip which will open
      the regular thesaurus after first deleting the registry entry for WordWeb.

      ^!ClearRegValue [BaseRoot\]Key[:Name] (added in v4.8)
      Deletes the specified name or key in the Windows Registry. If BaseRoot is
      not defined, then HKEY_CURRENT_USER is used. If a Name is specified, then
      only that name will be deleted from the Registry. If no Name is specified
      (no colon), then the key and all Names under it will be deleted. Use with
      care!
      Version 4.83: if the Key value contains a colon, the Clip interpreter will
      incorrectly assume it marks the limit between the Key and Name elements. To
      remedy this situation, use a double colon after the key name. Example:
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\c:Beta::UserName=Raymond

      BaseRoot can be any of the following values:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      HKEY_USERS