Re: [Clip] Interfacing w/ Perl; arguments

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi Darkness:

      I'm pretty sure that arguments CAN be passed in the same way that they could
      be if you executed a Perl script from a DOS box but I haven't done it and
      would have to check the manuals to try to figure out how to get them in.

      For an alternative approach you might want to look a script done by Sheri:
      >> Clips and scripts for processing Perl Regexp Search and Replace functions
      on an open document in Notetab. Dialog uses Perl/Tk. <<

      This set of notetab clips builds a perl.pl script on the fly and avoids the
      whole issue of how to get parameters in via the ^!runperl command.

      Hopefully one of the guru's in this area will have a more direct answer.

      btw: there is a list specifically for scripting with other programs as
      opposed to strictly using Notetab's built in clip language.
      Its not very active and I don't think there are any members there who aren't
      also in the ntb-clips list, but you might find something useful in the
      archives.

      (If you do please post back to either list :-) )

      Regards ... Alec