Copying lines from one point on a page to another (was Re: [NTB] )

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi Mike:
      This belongs on the HTML-list or the Clips-List so I'm copying you and
      replying on the Clips list

      H="copy nav-links to bottom"
      topnav -> \2 <!-- botomnav -> \1" rwsa

      Without using a clip and instead the Repace dialog with Regular Exp=ON:

      Replace="\1\2\1"

      Note: this depends on there only ONE occurance of "*</a> </center>" in the
      entire document. Current version of RegExp is greedy so if there were
      another the \a* (match anything including <cr>'s) would go to there instead
      of stopping at the first occurance.

      Caution: When I tested this in the actual Relace dialog it found what I
      wanted but when I clicked [Replace All] (single [Replace] was greyed out)
      Notetab silently CRASHED. I wouldn't normally attempt to use the Replace
      dialog for something like this except in testing anyway.

      Maybe someone else could try the Replace dialog method with Mike's sample
      page
      > http://mbreiding.us/travel/nola803lr/photo012.html
      to confirm or refute the crash? Probalbly doesn't matter anyway cause it
      will all be different in 5.0 and we know that current regexp is "fussy" :-)

      Regards ... Alec