Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] OT: Find and Replace, Clip Resources?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hello Veli-Pekka and Larry,

      Thanks for all your support lately Larry!

      >> I know this is not the clip list but I would not want to join
      >> it, yet, for just a couple of messages.

      You can sign up for any list and set your options to read the
      mail on the web, so it is not big deal to subscribe. Larry was
      correct in bringing the thread to the Clips list. You can easily
      sign up for the lists from a web page. (I attempted to answer your
      question below.)

      http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm or
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do not
      post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
      Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips
      or Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
      Topic discussion takes place on that list. In short, please leave
      the Basic list for the very basic use of NoteTab. Thanks!!!

      mailto:ntb-clips-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      >> Anyway, I was thinking of executing a couple of find and
      >> replace commands to the contents of the current document and it
      >> seems the only way to do a series of find&replace conveniently
      >> is to use the clip language. I wish NTP 5 would include
      >> facilities of recording a macro and saving it as a clip but
      >> that's another story.
      >>
      >> Speaking of the symbols denoting the different clip elements
      >> keywords, variables, functions etc... I find most of those
      >> awfully difficult to remember and enter not to mention
      >> somewhat illogical. Why so strange a special character set and
      >> is there some great logic behind it as to why it's what it is?

      The Clip Code is unique in that commands from other script code,
      language, etc. can be used right in the Clips. The symbols are
      really quite easy to remember. If it is ^!, then it is a
      command. If it is ^$, then it is a function. I think once you
      make some Clips you will understand a lot more with 20/20
      hindsight.

      The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
      called "Clip Class" designed to walk you through Clip writing. It
      includes "Getting Started" (which is a web page with a number of
      images displaying different parts of NoteTab that deals with
      Clipbooks), making a Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing
      Clips, on to more difficult Clips writing. Be sure to read the
      Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
      ClipClass.otl Outline Clip to open the Outline.

      All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
      folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipclass.zip

      The NoteTab Clip Class List: eMail link follows below. We haven't
      really been using it much at all, actually, about never for the
      past year or two. I'm too busy now-a-days to keep up with it.
      If you have a setup problem (above) it would be a good place to
      ask that, but I think you will understand the above. The lessons
      start off very basic and, even with NoteTab in general when
      talking about the layout. Do the online Getting Started to see
      what I mean. I think you will find it all easy to understand.
      It builds, one lesson after a lesson; It is best not to skip any
      of the first 5 lessons or so. After that you might be up to speed
      enough to use the rest as reference.

      http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm