Clips & Clip Functions from a Clipbar

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      At the risk of "publishing and perishing" because nobody else needs the info
      at this point, I briefly (I hope) return to a subject several of us were
      discussing a few weeks ago.

      Manuel was trying to call a function in my Calendar Operations-2 library
      from a button on a clipbar, and was finding that when he finally got
      something to work, if he closed and reopened NTB Pro, he could not then
      repeat his previous success.

      I have duplicate his success and failures, and after some experimenting
      found an approach that seems to work as desired. The essential features are
      these:
      1. Create a short clip in the library where the function-to-be-used is
      located, which calls that function. In my test I called it "Testing" and it
      contains one line: ^!Continue ^$Get-DSN(^&)$
      2. Add a "button-line" to the desired clipbar file: "Calendar
      Operations-3","Testing","Smiley.bmp"
      2. Create another short clip, "Do_Nothing", which does nothing except run
      on request.
      3. Create a desktop shortcup whose command line reads (in my case):
      "D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /ini="d:\Program
      Files\NoteTab Pro\DgdPro"
      /L="Calendar Operations-3:Do_Nothing"
      DgdPro.ini is my normal ini file and Calendar Operations-3 is a copy of
      Calendar Operations-2 (just in case I edited any of the existing functions,
      which I did not actually do.)

      What the short-cut accomplishes is: (1) It gets the desired library into the
      clipbook window, (2) it executes a clip from that library, somehow "priming
      the pump" for successful calling of the desired clip from the
      clipbar-button.