RE: [Clip] DestroyDoc

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2003
      At 09:46 AM 8/11/03 -0400, you wrote:
      >Larry,
      >I like it, it's very elegent. One problem, I'm getting a syntax error on the
      >Match statement. I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's
      >what I'm entering into the wizzard, but I've tried every combination I can
      >think of.
      >I did join the two portions of the long lines before attempting to run it.

      You must use regular expressions for your patterns when entering patterns.
      In regular expressions, a period is a meta character and it is interpreted
      as "any" character except for a newline <cr/lf> pair. An asterisk (*)
      means zero or more occurences of the previous character and a back slash
      (\) is an escape character which cause the pattern to treat the next
      character as a litteral character. Without the back slash, the period is
      treated as a meta character by the regexp search engine but with the back
      slash just before the period or any other meta character, the meta
      character is treated as just a plain text character. A \. os just a period
      and \* is just an asterisk. The exception to this rule are the special
      situations set for special characters (\n for newline, \s for a space, and
      \t for a tab).

      You can find help for using NoteTab's regexp patterns by going to Help/Help
      Topics/Reference Information/Dialog boxes/Regular Expressions.

      There is one other problem that I have found. When you set a pattern to
      find all files and recycle them, the clip will not stop without preessing
      and holding the Ctrl+Alt Keys. I fixed this by moving the line:

      ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ = 1 Finish ELSE Next

      From just before the ^!Goto Loop line to just after the :Loop label. Now
      it works with all patterns.

      I have copied mine back from the email and rejoined the lines and I do not
      get a syntax error. You need to use regular expressions in the wizard, not
      DOS wildcards.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê