RE: [Clip] DestroyDoc

  • Wright, John - Textron Financial
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2003
      Larry,
      I like it, it's very elegent. One problem, I'm getting a syntax error on the
      Match statement. I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's
      what I'm entering into the wizzard, but I've tried every combination I can
      think of.
      I did join the two portions of the long lines before attempting to run it.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2003
        At 09:46 AM 8/11/03 -0400, you wrote:
        >Larry,
        >I like it, it's very elegent. One problem, I'm getting a syntax error on the
        >Match statement. I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's
        >what I'm entering into the wizzard, but I've tried every combination I can
        >think of.
        >I did join the two portions of the long lines before attempting to run it.

        You must use regular expressions for your patterns when entering patterns.
        In regular expressions, a period is a meta character and it is interpreted
        as "any" character except for a newline <cr/lf> pair. An asterisk (*)
        means zero or more occurences of the previous character and a back slash
        (\) is an escape character which cause the pattern to treat the next
        character as a litteral character. Without the back slash, the period is
        treated as a meta character by the regexp search engine but with the back
        slash just before the period or any other meta character, the meta
        character is treated as just a plain text character. A \. os just a period
        and \* is just an asterisk. The exception to this rule are the special
        situations set for special characters (\n for newline, \s for a space, and
        \t for a tab).

        You can find help for using NoteTab's regexp patterns by going to Help/Help
        Topics/Reference Information/Dialog boxes/Regular Expressions.

        There is one other problem that I have found. When you set a pattern to
        find all files and recycle them, the clip will not stop without preessing
        and holding the Ctrl+Alt Keys. I fixed this by moving the line:

        ^!If ^$GetDocIndex$ = 1 Finish ELSE Next

        From just before the ^!Goto Loop line to just after the :Loop label. Now
        it works with all patterns.

        I have copied mine back from the email and rejoined the lines and I do not
        get a syntax error. You need to use regular expressions in the wizard, not
        DOS wildcards.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê