Re: [Clip] DestroyDoc

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
      Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:

      > I have been using NTP for almost three years, but have never really
      embraced
      > clip coding - too intimidated by it.
      >
      > Anyhow, I'm trying to put a clip together that will prompt for the first
      > part of a document name, then step through my open documents and look for
      > documents with a wildcard and a .rpt or .log suffix. If they are found, I
      > want to 'DestroyDoc' them. For example, prompt for A483AR, then
      destroy any
      > open documents that have names like A483AR*.log or A483AR*.rpt (* is
      > wildcard).
      >
      > Also, in my experimenting, I found that the ^!DestroyDoc without a
      document
      > name will do what it is supposed to do on the active document, but if
      I try
      > to do a ^!DestroyDoc with a document name, it doesn't do anything.
      What am I
      > doing wrong?
      >
      > ^!DestroyDoc A483AR51.rpt

      John,

      As you'll notice below, ^!DeleteFile can be used with wildcards,
      ^!DestroyDoc, although it doesn't specifically say so, probably cannot.

      ^!DestroyDoc requires the filename only if it is a doc that hasn't been
      written to disk yet, it requires the full path/filename if it isn't the
      focused doc and has been written to disk.

      That may be where your difficulty is coming from, I'm assuming your
      example is a previously saved doc and without the path the command
      doesn't know what to destroy so it doesn't destroy anything, I hope.

      hrs

      ^!DeleteFile FileSpecs
      Deletes the specified file(s) (wildcards can be used) from the disk.

      ^!DestroyDoc [DocumentName]
      Closes the current document or the specified document without prompting
      and deletes the corresponding file from disk if it exists (the file is
      actually sent to the recycle bin).
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
        hsavage wrote:

        > > Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:
        > >
        > > I have been using NTP for almost three years, but have never really
        > > embraced
        > > clip coding - too intimidated by it.
        > >
        > > Anyhow, I'm trying to put a clip together that will prompt for the
        first
        > > part of a document name, then step through my open documents and
        look for
        > > documents with a wildcard and a .rpt or .log suffix.
        > >
        > > ^!DestroyDoc A483AR51.rpt

        > John,
        >
        > ^!DestroyDoc requires the filename only if it is a doc that hasn't been
        > written to disk yet, it requires the full path/filename if it isn't the
        > focused doc and has been written to disk.

        John,

        The paragraph above should read as below.

        ^!DestroyDoc requires the filename only if it is a doc that hasn't been
        written to disk yet, may be focused or unfocused.

        It requires the full path/filename whether it is focused or unfocused
        and has already been written to disk.

        hrs
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
          Wright, John - Textron Financial wrote:

          > I can't seem to find anything on what I'm trying
          > to do.
          >
          > Anyhow, I'm trying to put a clip together that will prompt for the first
          > part of a document name, then step through my open documents and look for
          > documents with a wildcard and a .rpt or .log suffix. If they are found, I
          > want to 'DestroyDoc' them. For example, prompt for A483AR, then
          destroy any
          > open documents that have names like A483AR*.log or A483AR*.rpt (* is
          > wildcard).
          >
          > ^!DestroyDoc A483AR51.rpt

          John,

          This main clip will do exactly, I think, what you are looking for. I'm
          sending it encoded with a decoding clip, and, in straight text form.

          With the clip wizard you select the path, the second line lets you enter
          a hint of the first few letters of the filenames you're interested in.
          Only files fitting the hint will display in the filelist.

          For instance, your example above, enter in the hint window A483. Only
          files starting with A483 will show in the list. The files may be,
          'A483xyz123.log' or 'A483xyz123.rpt. If you don't enter a hint make sure
          the hint window is clear.

          When you are presented with the filelist just put a checkmark in the box
          for every file you want to ^!DestroyDoc then click .

          hrs

          The first clip is used to decode the second.
          Email wraps long lines which can be difficult to unwrap properly.

          To avoid this the clip is in encoded form with a fixed line length that
          fits nicely into almost any email client without getting wrapped.

          The second form is straight text, you unwrap the long lines to make the
          clip work.

          'To DECODE', the instructions are below.

          Otherwise, you can add the straight clip to a clipbook and manually
          unwrap the email wrapped lines.

          To DECODE:
          Select and copy, all text between markers to new blank document.

          • With the new document;
          • Select and copy the 'UUD kwik' clip, Add to a clipbook.
          • Don't forget to save the clipbook you just added to.
          • The clip newly added clip will appear with the other clips.
          • Place the cursor within the encoded text of the new doc.
          • Run the clip, 'UUD kwik' you added to the clipbook.
          • Encoded text should be decoded without wrapped lines.
          • Select and copy decoded text and Add to a clipbook.

          This main clip, once decoded, added to a clipbook and working, will,
          • let you select a single folder,
          • let you select a single folder and include its subfolders,
          • let you select extensions, .log and .rpt, just .rpt or just .log
          • let you pre-select all files in the folder and subfolders.
          • let you select no files, so you can select them individually.

          ----select copy into a new blank document
          ----from below the begin marker line down to the end marker
          ----don't include either marker in the selection.

          ---- begin marker
          H="UUD kwik"
          ;_Modified~Updated~Created_7/30/03_11:12:16a
          ;_hsavage@...
          ^!Clearvariables
          ^!Set %ww%=^$IsWordWrap$
          ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
          ^!SetWordWrap 0
          ^!SetDebug 0
          ^!Set %ct%=^$DecToChar(164)$^$DecToChar(169)$
          ^!Find "begin 600" TIBSA
          ^!Set %begin%=^$GetRow$
          ^!Find "end" TISA
          ^!Set %end%=^$GetRow$
          ^!Jump LINE_END
          ^!SelectTo ^%begin%:1
          ^!Replace "begin 600^p" >> "begin 600 ^p" TIHSA
          ^!SetCode %text%=^$StrUUDecode(^$StrTrim(^$GetSelection$)$)$
          ^!SetCode %text%=^$StrReplace("^%ct%";"^";^%text%;0;0)$
          ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
          ^!InsertCode ^%text%
          :END
          ^!SetCursor ^%begin%:1
          ^!SetView ^%begin%:1
          ^!SetWordWrap ^%ww%

          H="DELETING .LOG/.RPT FILES"
          begin 600
          MI*DA0VQE87)V87)I86)L97,-"J2I(5-E=%-C<F5E;E5P9&%T92`P#0HZ4U1!
          M4E0-"J2I(5-E=%=I>F%R9%1I=&QE($1E;&5T92!,;V<@06YD(%)P="!&:6QE
          M<PT*I*DA4V5T5VEZ87)D3&%B96P@;&]G(&%N9"!R<'0@1FEL97,@3VYL>2!)
          M;B!&:6QE;&ES="XN+@T*.R!L;VYG(&QI;F4-"J2I(5-E="`E9&5F<&%T:"4]
          MI*D_>RA(/3,R.U0]1"E0:6-K($9I;&4@1F]L9&5R/:2I)$=E=$1O8W5M96YT
          M4&%T:"1].R`E:&EN="4]I*D_>TQE879E($)L86YK(&]R(%1Y<&4@1FEL96YA
          M;64@2&EN="!4;R!,;V]K($9O<CVDJ25E;7!T>25].R`E97AT)3VDJ3][4&EC
          M:R!/<B!4>7!E($EN($9I;&5S5'EP97,@5&\@1&ES<&QA>3U?<G!T("8@;&]G
          M?"HN<G!T?"HN;&]G?3L@)7!L=7,E/:2I/WM3=6)F;VQD97)S/ST]26YC;'5D
          M9:2I/2M\7T5X8VQU9&6DJ3VDJ25E;7!T>25].R`E<V5L96-T)3VDJ3][075T
          M;W-E;&5C="!&:6QE<S\]/5E%4Z2I/5]\7TY/I*D]I*DE96UP='DE?0T*I*DA
          M269386UE(")R<'0@)B!L;V<B("*DJ25E>'0B(*2I(5-E="`E97AT)3TB*BYR
          M<'0[I*DE:&EN="4J+FQO9R(-"CL-"J2I(5-E=$QI<W1$96QI;6ET97(@?*2I
          M)7-E;&5C="4-"J2I(5-E="`E9FEL96QI<W0E/:2I)$=E=$9I;&5S*"*DJ25P
          M;'5S):2I)61E9G!A=&@E(CLBI*DE:&EN="6DJ25E>'0E(CMN86UE*20-"J2I
          M(5-E="`E9FEL96QI<W0E/:2I)%-T<E)E<&QA8V4H(J2I)61E9G!A=&@E(CND
          MJ25E;7!T>24[(J2I)69I;&5L:7-T)2([,#LP*20-"CL@;&]N9R!L:6YE#0JD
          MJ2%3971!<G)A>2`E9FEL96QI<W0E/:2I/WLH2#TR-#M4/4$I1DE,15,@;V8@
          M8VAO<V5N(&5X=&5N<VEO;B`M+2!.;R!C:&]I8V4@<75I=',]/:2I)7-E;&5C
          M="6DJ25F:6QE;&ES="5]#0H[#0JDJ2%)9B"DJ25F:6QE;&ES="4]I*DE96UP
          M='DE($5.1`T*.E1!4TL-"J2I(5-E="`E8V]U;G0E/:2I)69I;&5L:7-T,"4[
          M("5I;F1E>"4],`T*.DY%6%1405-+#0JDJ2%);F,@)6EN9&5X)0T*I*DA268@
          MI*DE:6YD97@E(#X@I*DE8V]U;G0E($5.1`T*.R"DJ2%);F9O("*DJ25D969P
          M871H):2I)69I;&5L:7-TI*DE:6YD97@E)2(-"J2I(41E<W1R;WE$;V,@(J2I
          M)61E9G!A=&@EI*DE9FEL96QI<W2DJ25I;F1E>"4E(@T*I*DA1V]T;R!.15A4
          *5$%32PT*.D5.1`
          `
          end

          H="DELETING .LOG/.RPT FILES"
          ^!Clearvariables
          ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
          :START
          ^!SetWizardTitle Delete Log And Rpt Files
          ^!SetWizardLabel log and rpt Files Only In Filelist...
          ; long line
          ^!Set %defpath%=^?{(H=32;T=D)Pick File Folder=^$GetDocumentPath$};
          %hint%=^?{Leave Blank or Type Filename Hint To Look For=^%empty%};
          %ext%=^?{Pick Or Type In FilesTypes To Display=_rpt & log|*.rpt|*.log};
          %plus%=^?{Subfolders?==Include^=+|_Exclude^=^%empty%};
          %select%=^?{Autoselect Files?==YES^=_|_NO^=^%empty%}
          ^!IfSame "rpt & log" "^%ext" ^!Set %ext%="*.rpt;^%hint%*.log"
          ;
          ^!SetListDelimiter |^%select%
          ^!Set %filelist%=^$GetFiles("^%plus%^%defpath%";"^%hint%^%ext%";name)$
          ^!Set %filelist%=^$StrReplace("^%defpath%";^%empty%;"^%filelist%";0;0)$
          ; long line
          ^!SetArray %filelist%=^?{(H=24;T=A)FILES of chosen extension -- No
          choice quits==^%select%^%filelist%}
          ;
          ^!If ^%filelist%=^%empty% END
          :TASK
          ^!Set %count%=^%filelist0%; %index%=0
          :NEXTTASK
          ^!Inc %index%
          ^!If ^%index% > ^%count% END
          ; ^!Info "^%defpath%^%filelist^%index%%"
          ^!DestroyDoc "^%defpath%^%filelist^%index%%"
          ^!Goto NEXTTASK
          :END
          ---- end marker ----
        • Manuel123
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003
            One more time question. How can I pass the variable hoy to combo

            ^!Set %hoy%=^$GetDate(mm/dd/yyyy)$
            ^!Set %fecha%=^?[Dime fecha==^%hoy%]
            ---
            Cursos para ciegos. http://www.solotxt.com
            Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
            ---
            Caso de devolución repetidas de respuestas enviar un mensaje de aviso a <incidencias@...>
          • Manuel123
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003
              Sorry. It don't work because I used [ ] and now with { } work ok.
              Thanks

              ^!Set %hoy%=^$GetDate(mm/dd/yyyy)$
              ^!Set %fecha%=^?{Dime fecha==^%hoy%}
              ---
              Cursos para ciegos. http://www.solotxt.com
              Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
              ---
              Caso de devolución repetidas de respuestas enviar un mensaje de aviso a <incidencias@...>
            • loro
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003
                Manuel123 wrote:
                >One more time question. How can I pass the variable hoy to combo
                >
                >^!Set %hoy%=^$GetDate(mm/dd/yyyy)$
                >^!Set %fecha%=^?[Dime fecha==^%hoy%]

                From Help ("Clip Wizard and Fields"):
                "If a function is used in square brackets ^?[Today's date is=^$GetDate$] the actual function would be seen in the prompt because the square brackets are processed first, but the function will not be processed until after it is reached in the script. On the other hand, since curly braces and functions are processed when the line is processed, the date will be shown in the prompt using ^?{Today's date is=^$GetDate$}. The same is true when using variables."

                So the answer is use curly braces.

                Lotta