Two Windows in Moz

  • Jelks Cabaniss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Larry Thomas wrote:

      > I am not real sure about parameters but on one try I removed the
      > -width 799 -height 599 parameters which follow -quiet on the line
      > and my Mozilla started going on line every time I launched it.

      I'm always online (cable modem), so I'm not sure what that would mean, but
      just to check it out, I added the width and height parameters. No apparent
      difference.

      > As for your two windows, I also had two windows but after I placed
      > all of Harvey's settings in my Browsers.dat, they went away and I
      > only have the one I want now.

      It's fixed now after downloading the latest build and setting UseDDE back to
      0.

      /Jelks
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
        Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

        > hsavage wrote:
        >
        >> What build of Mozilla are you running,
        >
        > Also, the June 30th build I was using was the one with SVG and MathML
        > support compiled it, and the new one I got to work was the "plain jane"
        > Mozilla (1.5 alpha).
        >
        > I don't know if that was the problem, or if I just got
        > the occasional "bad build".
        >
        > I'll probably try an SVG build in a few days
        > again (though Mozilla's work on SVG hasn't exactly been stellar
        recently).

        > /Jelks

        Jelks,

        I don't know if you noticed, there is what looks like a Mozilla version
        that incorporates SVG and MathML on the same page you downloaded 'plain
        jane'. At least, from the filedate, it's a very current version.

        page link
        ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/

        direct DL link
        ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip

        As to bad builds, I've had several, trouble is sometimes small unnoticed
        error sneak in and start to grow for a few builds. To overcome this
        problem I save several builds that I'm sure work correctly. If a build
        gets out of hand I just revert to a previous 'good build'.

        I'm copying this to off-Topic list so, if need be, we can continue on
        that list.

        hrs