Two Windows in Moz

  • Jelks Cabaniss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Larry Thomas wrote:

      > I am not real sure about parameters but on one try I removed the
      > -width 799 -height 599 parameters which follow -quiet on the line
      > and my Mozilla started going on line every time I launched it.

      I'm always online (cable modem), so I'm not sure what that would mean, but
      just to check it out, I added the width and height parameters. No apparent
      difference.

      > As for your two windows, I also had two windows but after I placed
      > all of Harvey's settings in my Browsers.dat, they went away and I
      > only have the one I want now.

      It's fixed now after downloading the latest build and setting UseDDE back to
      0.

      /Jelks
    • Jelks Cabaniss
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        hsavage wrote:

        > What build of Mozilla are you running, I usually download the latest
        > beta every day, now it is 2003073110. If you're running an older
        > version that may be part of your trouble with double windows, I've
        > seen them many times myself.
        >
        > NoteTab may have a little to do with the doubles but, I think much of
        > the problem is in Mozilla. The latest builds have been much better in
        > this area. If your build is old and you may want to get the latest,
        > go to this page, down toward the bottom for the Win32 version.

        Well I *WAS* going to say, "That *can't* be -- my build is from June 30th!",
        but I got today's nightly build, set UseDDE to 0, and now it works -- only
        one Moz Window! So thanks!

        Also, the June 30th build I was using was the one with SVG and MathML
        support compiled it, and the new one I got to work was the "plain jane"
        Mozilla (1.5 alpha). I don't know if that was the problem, or if I just got
        the occasional "bad build". I'll probably try an SVG build in a few days
        again (though Mozilla's work on SVG hasn't exactly been stellar recently).

        OT: Anyone know if Firebird supports the Adobe SVG plugin? "Regular"
        Mozilla doesn't -- they are supposedly trying to do it natively.

        Also, when I specify Opera as the alternate browser in Notetab and launch a
        doc in it, Opera always comes up minimized (or at least "behind" Notetab).
        IE and Moz launch in the foreground. I would like Opera to do this as well.
        Any ideas? This is the config I've been using (pulled from one of these
        lists aeons ago):

        [opera]
        Command=C:\Program Files\Opera7\Opera.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Opera
        DdeCommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

        /Jelks
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
          Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

          > hsavage wrote:
          >
          >> What build of Mozilla are you running,
          >
          > Also, the June 30th build I was using was the one with SVG and MathML
          > support compiled it, and the new one I got to work was the "plain jane"
          > Mozilla (1.5 alpha).
          >
          > I don't know if that was the problem, or if I just got
          > the occasional "bad build".
          >
          > I'll probably try an SVG build in a few days
          > again (though Mozilla's work on SVG hasn't exactly been stellar
          recently).

          > /Jelks

          Jelks,

          I don't know if you noticed, there is what looks like a Mozilla version
          that incorporates SVG and MathML on the same page you downloaded 'plain
          jane'. At least, from the filedate, it's a very current version.

          page link
          ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/

          direct DL link
          ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip

          As to bad builds, I've had several, trouble is sometimes small unnoticed
          error sneak in and start to grow for a few builds. To overcome this
          problem I save several builds that I'm sure work correctly. If a build
          gets out of hand I just revert to a previous 'good build'.

          I'm copying this to off-Topic list so, if need be, we can continue on
          that list.

          hrs