Re: [Clip] Digest Number 1035

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

      > Larry Thomas wrote:
      >

      > My Mozilla executable was installed by default not in the Mozilla
      directory
      > itself,
      > C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\bin\mozilla.exe -quiet
      >
      > But I still get two windows -- one blank, the other with the requested
      > document. The real bummer is the blank window is always on top. The
      only
      > difference between my [moz] entry and yours in browsers.dat is I set
      UseDDE
      > to 1 to get a Moz instance with the document. With it set to 0, Moz
      still
      > launches, but it comes up with the default home page, not the document.
      >
      > ???
      > /Jelks

      Jelks,

      As far as the installation goes, I, almost, never take the default
      folder, especially if its software I want to be easily accessible
      through a file manager. It makes no difference as long as you're satisfied.

      What build of Mozilla are you running, I usually download the latest
      beta every day, now it is 2003073110. If you're running an older
      version that may be part of your trouble with double windows, I've seen
      them many times myself.

      Why don't you try the 'UseDDE=0', go into 'Edit > Preferences >
      Navigator' to change your start page to 'Blank Page'. I, also, don't
      like a software company determining what my start page should be.
      That's how mine is set up and most times I don't get the double windows.

      NoteTab may have a little to do with the doubles but, I think much of
      the problem is in Mozilla. The latest builds have been much better in
      this area. If your build is old and you may want to get the latest, go
      to this page, down toward the bottom for the Win32 version.

      http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/

      If you have a telephone modem and a decent download speed it takes
      around 40 minutes to download, if you have ADSL or some other speedy
      connection it takes around 3 minutes to download.

      Either way I think you'll like todays version.

      hrs