Re: [Clip] Browser problems.

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi Everybody,

      This thread can finally come to an end. I fixed the problem along with
      help from all of you and most of all from Harvey Savage. I still do not
      know what caused the problem in the first place but I do know what has
      happened and what the solution is.

      The solution:

      I was using Windows long filenames in the Options/Internet Browser entry
      area. I would click the browse button and browse to the folder with the
      browser executable in it and select it. That would place the long filename
      into the field and I would click ok. When I tried to use the feature, it
      worked perfectly for me and it has worked this way for several years until
      about two days ago.

      I looke it up in the help file and it says that you/I can just enter the
      name of the file without path or extension which I did not realize. I did
      it and it worked. I could launch each browser as before but I had a
      problem now with Mozilla. I decided to try copying and pasting MSDOS 8.3
      short filenames into the entry fields and that worked also but I had the
      same problem with Mozilla.

      Harvey sent me his Browsers.dat settings for Mozilla and I updated mine to
      his and I still had the problem.

      [moz]
      Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -quiet -width 799 -height 599
      UseDDE=0
      Application=Mozilla
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      I changed the first two lines of his entry above and that has fixed it.

      [mozilla]
      Command="C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -quiet -width
      799 -height 599

      So I am back in business again. Thank you Harvey and thank you all of the
      rest of you who helped me out. I still don't understand what I did that
      made these changes necessary.

      Well, goodbye for now until my next goof up.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê