Using GetRegEdit to get hex values

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2003
      Q: Is there some way to retrieve the contents of a value in the registry,
      when the value is in hex?

      I can use ^$GetRegValue$ OK to retrieve values that are alphanumeric.
      However, the function returns a null value if the value is in hex.

      If one uses RegEdit to export the key, the exported file contains
      "Value"=hex:65,72,6f,...
      and I'd like to get something like that from ^$GetRegValue$ .

      I note, however, that if one uses RegEdit to access the value, it shows an
      edit window. Selecting the contents and using Ctrl-C does not copy anything.
      That is probably why ^$GetRegValue$ cannot copy, either?

      I suppose that, as a last resort, I can use ^!Keyboard to have RegEdit
      export the whole ...Rules/Mail branch to a file, then load that file and
      parse it. But, yecchh.

      Dick Gascoigne
      Singapore