Re: Help the old newbie, please!

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
      Hi RP,

      That sure is a hell of a job ;-).

      I don't know exactly how you plan to automate this scanning process
      with NoteTab, so maybe you could give some details on that. The
      biggest problem probably is the naming of the individual files.

      You are aware of the batch scanning process of IrfanView? This scans
      a whole lot of images in sequence, and gives the scanned images a
      name with an ascending number. After a series of scans you could try
      to rename the images and categorize them according to your wishes
      (you might want to keep track of everything scanned in a list...).

      It all comes down to the organization of the complete scanning
      process... And at this moment I do not know exactly how NoteTab could
      help you with that - but it seems that you have ideas on that.

      Hugo
    • John Parsons
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
        hugo_paulissen wrote:

        >Hi RP,
        >
        >That sure is a hell of a job ;-).
        >
        >I don't know exactly how you plan to automate this scanning process
        >with NoteTab, so maybe you could give some details on that. The
        >biggest problem probably is the naming of the individual files.
        >
        >You are aware of the batch scanning process of IrfanView? This scans
        >a whole lot of images in sequence, and gives the scanned images a
        >name with an ascending number. After a series of scans you could try
        >to rename the images and categorize them according to your wishes
        >(you might want to keep track of everything scanned in a list...).

        The only problem being that Irfanview only supports batch scanning if
        the scanner does... and as RP said they were using cheep scanners that
        seems unlikely!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
          Hi rp,

          >Having lurked on the Notetab and the Clips groups for some time now,
          >I finally unashamedly (my spouse always says I have no shame)

          :-)

          >Using Notetab and an equally awesome freeware image viewer and
          >editor named Irfanview I hope to speed up the scanning process in
          >use at the museum at which I am a volunteer.

          Fookes Software (www.fookes.com) ie: NoteTab, :) now has three
          programs that work with pictures/images. They are Easy
          Thumbnails, Album Express, and Easy Imager. Irfanview is nice,
          but you need to take this thread to the OffTopic list to discuss
          it, especially since it is competition. ;) Please see my
          signature line to sign up for it or go to the following web page:

          I'm not sure what you mean by scan, unless you mean using like an
          Acquire command. If that is the case you might be able to adjust
          some Clips in my noteview Library that was made to work with
          I_View a couple of years ago.

          http://www.notetab.net/zip/noteview.zip

          Happy Topics,
          Jody