Re: [Clip] Staus check of ^!SetDebug

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
      RS, (Mike et al)

      Problem is (I think) that Mike NEVER needs to debug inside the Farclip
      (presumably its already been thoroughly debugged) but SOMETIMES he's using
      it in the main clip and if on before entry he wants it restored upon exit.

      If Notetab doesn't provide a primitive that captures the status of SetDebug
      ON/OFF I can't see anyway around using some intermediate variable that he
      always sets at the same time SetDebug itself is changed.

      Then any section of code that is to be NEVER debugged can unconditionally
      turn it off on entry and conditionally restore it on exit based on the value
      of the semaphore.

      Maybe a single (called) clip done right could be used at entry and exit and
      a pair of clip buttons created to toggle the semaphore and the SetDebug
      ON/OFF in sync.

      As badly as I code, if I did more or of it I probably wind doing something
      like this.

      IMHO: Addition of an ^&IsDebugOn$ would be useful if not essential

      Regards ... Alec