Re: Staus check of ^!SetDebug

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003

      > > ^!SetDebug OFF
      > > ^!Farclip A_Clip_That_Doesnt_Need_Debugging
      > > ^!SetDebug ON
      > >

      > Sure could but... I'm calling the ^!Farclip about 10 times in
      > many different places and didn't want to bother with that method.
      >
      > -Mike

      Mike (et al),

      Why don't you ^!SetDebug OFF at the beginning of the FARCLIP and
      switch it back [^!SetDebug] ON at the end of it?

      Hugo
    • RS
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
        Mike,

        At 06:39 PM 07/01/03 -0000 you wrote:
        >RS Wrote:
        >> I would turn off debugging before the call to FarClip and enable it
        >afterwards:
        >>
        >> ^!SetDebug OFF
        >> ^!Farclip A_Clip_That_Doesnt_Need_Debugging
        >> ^!SetDebug ON
        >>

        >Sure could but... I'm calling the ^!Farclip about 10 times in
        >many different places and didn't want to bother with that method.

        Then, do it in the FarClip:

        H=YourFarClip
        ^!SetDebug OFF
        [... here the clip's code ...]
        ^!SetDebug ON

        Regards,

        RS
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
          RS, (Mike et al)

          Problem is (I think) that Mike NEVER needs to debug inside the Farclip
          (presumably its already been thoroughly debugged) but SOMETIMES he's using
          it in the main clip and if on before entry he wants it restored upon exit.

          If Notetab doesn't provide a primitive that captures the status of SetDebug
          ON/OFF I can't see anyway around using some intermediate variable that he
          always sets at the same time SetDebug itself is changed.

          Then any section of code that is to be NEVER debugged can unconditionally
          turn it off on entry and conditionally restore it on exit based on the value
          of the semaphore.

          Maybe a single (called) clip done right could be used at entry and exit and
          a pair of clip buttons created to toggle the semaphore and the SetDebug
          ON/OFF in sync.

          As badly as I code, if I did more or of it I probably wind doing something
          like this.

          IMHO: Addition of an ^&IsDebugOn$ would be useful if not essential

          Regards ... Alec