Re: [Clip] Staus check of ^!SetDebug

  • mbl60181
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 11:39 AM
      RS Wrote:
      > I would turn off debugging before the call to FarClip and enable it
      afterwards:

      > ^!SetDebug OFF
      > ^!Farclip A_Clip_That_Doesnt_Need_Debugging
      > ^!SetDebug ON

      Sure could but... I'm calling the ^!Farclip about 10 times in
      many different places and didn't want to bother with that method.

      -Mike
    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1 2:38 PM

        > > ^!SetDebug OFF
        > > ^!Farclip A_Clip_That_Doesnt_Need_Debugging
        > > ^!SetDebug ON
        > >

        > Sure could but... I'm calling the ^!Farclip about 10 times in
        > many different places and didn't want to bother with that method.
        >
        > -Mike

        Mike (et al),

        Why don't you ^!SetDebug OFF at the beginning of the FARCLIP and
        switch it back [^!SetDebug] ON at the end of it?

        Hugo
      • RS
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1 3:49 PM
          Mike,

          At 06:39 PM 07/01/03 -0000 you wrote:
          >RS Wrote:
          >> I would turn off debugging before the call to FarClip and enable it
          >afterwards:
          >>
          >> ^!SetDebug OFF
          >> ^!Farclip A_Clip_That_Doesnt_Need_Debugging
          >> ^!SetDebug ON
          >>

          >Sure could but... I'm calling the ^!Farclip about 10 times in
          >many different places and didn't want to bother with that method.

          Then, do it in the FarClip:

          H=YourFarClip
          ^!SetDebug OFF
          [... here the clip's code ...]
          ^!SetDebug ON

          Regards,

          RS
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1 7:22 PM
            RS, (Mike et al)

            Problem is (I think) that Mike NEVER needs to debug inside the Farclip
            (presumably its already been thoroughly debugged) but SOMETIMES he's using
            it in the main clip and if on before entry he wants it restored upon exit.

            If Notetab doesn't provide a primitive that captures the status of SetDebug
            ON/OFF I can't see anyway around using some intermediate variable that he
            always sets at the same time SetDebug itself is changed.

            Then any section of code that is to be NEVER debugged can unconditionally
            turn it off on entry and conditionally restore it on exit based on the value
            of the semaphore.

            Maybe a single (called) clip done right could be used at entry and exit and
            a pair of clip buttons created to toggle the semaphore and the SetDebug
            ON/OFF in sync.

            As badly as I code, if I did more or of it I probably wind doing something
            like this.

            IMHO: Addition of an ^&IsDebugOn$ would be useful if not essential

            Regards ... Alec