Re: [Clip] Removing 550's

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
      At 10:57 PM 6/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      >I am trying to find a way to write a clip that will remove the e-mail
      >address from bounced e-mail with 550's (user unknown). I want to find the
      >line with the error "550 <abc@...>... User unknown" and extract just
      >the e-mail address "abc@...". What I don't want is all the other
      >e-mail addresses in the e-mail, just the bounced one.
      >
      >I want to save all the bounced e-mails into one file and extract the
      >bounced addresses into one list so I can remove them from my mailing lists.

      here starter idea. gets bounced into a list. if they sometime come more
      than one email addr to a line then well that might change things. But
      (source doc or file) one addr to a line, works.

      # begin sample tested the clip on #
      kjsfj fxjxlk
      error "550 <abc@...>... User unknown"
      ]jlfd
      error "550 <thistoo@...>... User unknown"
      trre er rtre tt.
      NOT no prerequisite five fifty <notthis@...> dj sdkkaj.
      fjjlsda scjsdj 550 fgj.
      550 error 550 <thisthree@...>... User unknown yy. 005
      yy
      # end sample tested the clip on #

      clip follows:

      H="junk"
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      :look_again
      ^!Find "error\s+.?550\s+" ISR
      ^!IfError tail_stuff
      ^!Jump SELECT_END
      ^!MoveCursor +1
      ; ^!Info ^$GetWord$
      ^!Set %addr%=^$GetHtmlTag$
      ^!Set %addr%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^%addr%";False;False)$
      ^!Set %addr%=^$StrReplace(">";"";"^%addr%";False;False)$
      ; ^!Info ^%addr%
      ^!Append %my_list%=^%addr%^p
      ^!Goto look_again
      :tail_stuff