Re: The magnificant Status Bar Was: Re: [Clip] Saving and

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi All,

      You can also find a lot of useful hints from the menu bar on the status bar
      when you highlight one of the drop down menu items. I am for the first
      time discovering many many useful hints on the program options menu by
      moving the mouse pointer over items in the panel and looking at the status
      bar.

      An example is that one of my pet peaves has been that I don't really like
      the search dialog to select the word where the cursor is when I open it. I
      nderstand why many users would like this and I might prefer it some time in
      the future but now it bugs me. Then I went to the tools tab of the options
      panel and saw an item that I had checked that says "Find Word at Cursor".
      I wondered what it did and I placed my mouse pointer over it and the status
      bar said "Copies word under cursor in the Find/Replace dialog when opened".

      I unchecked it and clicked ok and my pet peave is gone!

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...