Re: [Clip] launch modiffied library

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
      This may have been mentioned earlier, but it's necessary to CLOSE the clip before you can run it. You can, of course, have the clip library open as a document when the clip is being executed.

    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi Don,

        At 09:02 AM 6/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
        >This may have been mentioned earlier, but it's necessary to CLOSE the clip
        before you can run it. You can, of course, have the clip library open as a
        document when the clip is being executed.

        It is obvious that you have never used the clipbar or you are using NoteTab
        Light. In NoteTab Pro and Std, you have a clipbar which allows you to run
        the clip with the clip editor window open. You cannot run ^!Farclips this
        way though. That is, if you have a ^!Farclip call inside the clip you are
        running, it will fail to be called when the clip is run from the clipbar.

        If you have any version of NoteTab you can run a clip with the clip editor
        open by placing the clip into the Cliphelp.clh file and running it from the
        quick list - Clip Assistant on the left side panel.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
          Hi Don,

          At 09:02 AM 6/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
          >This may have been mentioned earlier, but it's necessary to CLOSE the clip
          before you can run it. You can, of course, have the clip library open as a
          document when the clip is being executed.

          In my response to Marco I said he could leave the clip panel open if he
          wished or close it. I was not referring to the Clip Editor Window but to
          the panel on the left side which most NoteTab usere click on to run clips.
          Marco is blind and he wants the easiest way to run clips with keystrokes.
          He was actually asking for a keystroke shorcut equivalent to the clipbar
          button.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
            Hi Don,

            No, you can leave the Clip Editor window open when you run a
            Clip, but you cannot have it in view. Click on any other tab to
            give it the focus instead. You can run Find/Replace, the Clipbar
            and other features with the Clip Editor (Clip) open. So, be
            careful that you do not have a Clip open thinking you are going
            to do a Find & Replace only on the Clip. If nothing is selected
            in the Clip, then the editing will be done on the whole Library
            since it is one file. It will stay inside the selection though
            if you want to do some editing in the Clip.

            >This may have been mentioned earlier, but it's necessary to CLOSE
            >the clip before you can run it. You can, of course, have the
            >clip library open as a document when the clip is being executed.

            http://www.notetab.net
            http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
              Larry Thomas wrote:

              >Hi Don,
              >
              > At 09:02 AM 6/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
              >
              > > This may have been mentioned earlier, but it's
              > > necessary to CLOSE the clip before you can run it.
              > > You can, of course, have the clip library open as
              > > a document when the clip is being executed.
              >
              > It is obvious that you have never used the clipbar or you
              > are using NoteTab Light. In NoteTab Pro and Std, you have
              > a clipbar which allows you to run the clip with the clip
              > editor window open.

              > YOU CANNOT RUN ^!FARCLIPS THIS WAY THOUGH.

              > That is, if you have a ^!Farclip call inside the clip you
              > are running, it will fail to be called when the clip is
              > run from the clipbar.
              >
              >Regards,
              >
              >Larry
              >larryt@...

              Larry,

              You apparently read that somewhere. When the clipbar was introduced,
              perhaps it did have that restriction. Regardless of that, the statement
              is erroneous. There may be certain conditions when you can't run a clip
              from the clipbar that contains a ^!FarClip command.

              Almost all my clips that I run from the clipbar use a ^!FarClip to turn
              the PasteBoard off at the beginning of the clip and turn the PasteBoard
              back on just before exiting the clip.

              Turning my pasteboard off changes the color of the tab to the same color
              as all the other tabs. Turning the pasteboard back on changes the color
              of the tab back to yellow, the default color I have chosen. I have not
              had it fail to do so. Apparently it's working because any text that was
              copied/pasted during execution is not added to the pasteboard.

              hrs
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                Jody, Larry:

                Thanks for the clarifications! Larry's right, I haven't run clips from the clipbar -- mine was hidden several years ago, and I'd forgotten about it's existence. It's helpful to know that I can edit a clip and then test it without closing it first -- with the understanding that I have to be sure the clip won't modify itself.

              • Larry Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
                  Hi Harvey,

                  At 12:52 PM 6/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
                  > > YOU CANNOT RUN ^!FARCLIPS THIS WAY THOUGH.
                  >
                  >Larry,
                  >
                  >You apparently read that somewhere. When the clipbar was introduced,
                  >perhaps it did have that restriction. Regardless of that, the statement
                  >is erroneous. There may be certain conditions when you can't run a clip
                  >from the clipbar that contains a ^!FarClip command.

                  Darned!! Another buggy fix of Eric's slipped by me while I was Vacationing
                  in the VA. It probably won't be the last. I am glad Eric makes these
                  fixes so that I can enjoy the program better. Thanks for the Info Harvey.

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  larryt@...
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 4, 2003
                    Hi Larry, Harvey, and Others,

                    >> You apparently read that somewhere. When the clipbar was
                    >> introduced, perhaps it did have that restriction. Regardless
                    >> of that, the statement is erroneous. There may be certain
                    >> conditions when you can't run a clip from the clipbar that
                    >> contains a ^!FarClip command.

                    There were some dealing with events I believe like OnOpen, and
                    some other remote things, but it wasn't too many. I think the
                    bast thing to do if you really wanted to know is search the
                    yahoogroups archives. If you do, I'd check the NoteTab Next
                    Release list along with this one.

                    >Darned!! Another buggy fix of Eric's slipped by me while I was
                    >Vacationing in the VA. It probably won't be the last. I am glad
                    >Eric makes these fixes so that I can enjoy the program better.
                    >Thanks for the Info Harvey.

                    The guy takes 2 years off the lists and calls it a vacation. :-)
                    We know it was no vacation for you though bro.