Re: [Clip] Table mods in HTML

  • David Elliott
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 2, 2003
      Jeff

      Could you post a couple of lines of data from your family tree
      software both before and after the trip through Word. I'd like to
      see if the format is compatable with the idea I have in mind. If
      there is some form of delimiter between the fields we will be
      cooking! This would also be a great opportunity to use array
      variables.

      I did some playing around last nite and I think there are some useful
      possiblilities. I mocked up an alternating colored background row
      table that is highly legible and uses very simple CSS.

      DE
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 3, 2003
        You are correct regarding the headers. I should have included them.

        What I normally do is paste to word, then recopy to paste to noteTab.
        Then I Convert to HRML with ara tags, and that sets it up for
        conversion to a Table.

        <P> gets changed to <Table> and the <BR> get changed to
        "</TD></TR>^P<TR><TD>  :"
        I then change all ^T (Tabs) to </td><TD>

        That usually does it.
        --

        Jeffery Scism, IBSSG

        Links to my Homepages: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~scismfam/