Re: [Clip] find and search again commands

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Marco Antônio,

      I'm not sure if this is what you want, but the following is a clip
      that uses the last-used findstring to start a search.

      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!Find ^$GetValue("FindDialog:SearchList_1")$ BS

      This (elementary) clip will search backwards for the last find-string
      in your document - without prompting. If the string does not appear
      in the remainder of the text nothing happens.

      If you remove the B from the options it will do the same, but it will
      search forwards only...

      So: make two copies, and name them to your liking. You could
      (artificially) create a shorcut by changing the target-path (in
      Windows Explorer) of the properties of a shortcut to NoteTab.exe to
      something like this:

      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L=Tour:FindAgain

      You can assign a shortcut key as well in the same window. If you do
      not use multiple instances the clip defined by the command-line
      parameters will execute (in my case: library=Tour, clip=FindAgain. I
      could assign Ctrl+ALT+PageUp to start up the clip to search
      backwards. The other one would need a second shortcut with a
      different command-line parameter.

      As Larry (I think) has told you there is no easy way to assign a
      shortcut to a clip in NoteTab.

      Hope this helps,

      Hugo