erratic results with: ^&

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      I am trying to set a variable equal to ^& so that I can paste it elsewhere
      in my document. I am running 4.95 pro.
      I would assume that the text on screen which is highlighted should be
      captured if I use this:
      ^!Set %Header%=^P^P^&^P^P

      It doesn't seem to be the case. Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't! Am
      I missing something? I am using
      ^!ClearVariables at the top of my clip. I want to copy and paste the
      highlighted selection, is there an easier way? I don't see a ^!Copy
      command. I suppose I could resort to ^!Keyboard CTRL + C although I think
      keyboard is frowned upon by most clippers unless absolutely required.

      The first time I ran the clip, it worked like a charm. The second and
      subsequent it captured something else even though the same string was
      highlighted in both cases.

      Help please!

      --

      Don Passenger