Re: [Clip] Trailing Spacs learnings...

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Harvey,

      At 12:53 PM 6/1/03 -0500, you wrote:
      >Trailing blanks;
      >
      >If you check View/Options/Documents/Trim White Spaces, then, if/when
      >using the clip editor Trailing Blanks are automatically deleted when the
      >clip is saved and the editor closed.
      >
      >When editing a clip/clipbook that is Open As A Document trailing blanks
      >are deleted in the copy saved to disk, not in the visible copy. If you
      >close and reload the clipbook trailing blanks will be gone.
      >
      >For the occasions when you don't want to close/reopen a file the clip
      >below will remove trailing blanks from a selected area. You can select
      >this area either before or during clip execution.
      >
      >The clip displays a banner to remind you to make a selection to operate
      >on. The trigger action may be changed from a 'copy' action to a
      >"keypress" by changing the comment semicolon of the 'IfFalse and IfTrue'
      >commands.

      I think your clip will work just fine although I think mine is simpler. It
      is possible that Bob wanted to manually select the lines that he wanted
      trimmed and that is why he removed the select all line. I do like the idea
      of setting the options to Trim Blanks very much though and I have now set
      mine to do so. I have tried it and it appears to work very well and it
      does not fail as Modify/Line/Trim Blanks does.

      Thank you Harvey.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Bob Gorman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        At 01:07 PM 6/1/2003, you wrote:

        >Welll, ok but you have removed the safety feature. If nothing is selected,
        >the clip will still replace everthing in the library starting from the clip
        >to the end of the library.

        This I did not know.

        >But ^!Select All is necessary if you want to
        >restrict your replace to the current clip because select all will not
        >select the whole library but only the clip in the clip editor window. And
        >as I said before, if you have nothing selected, then the H option has no
        >effect at all. It is just ignored.

        Again, thanks for the new info.

        Bob

        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men
        ....Frederick Douglass