Re: [Clip] find and search again commands

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Marco,

      At 07:09 AM 6/1/03 -0300, you wrote:
      >Hi listers.
      >
      >Sorry, I am not a programmer, I am just an onlooker lawyer!
      >Being considered that the find again command doesn't support arguments,
      would be it possible to perform it, using the find command in quiet mode,
      without prompting, getting the last stored string in it?
      >For exemple, if the last word found was "Notetab", my search again command
      would diffuse it and it would execute the new find command, up or down, and
      it would find the new occurrence of the word " Notetab" without prompting,
      as if it was the search again command with the argument up or down!
      >Would be it possible to adapt these clips for that purpose?

      If you can use the clips these will work. You must do the first search
      manually to get the search string into the list. After that you can use
      these clips again and again to move down/forward or up/backward through the
      document. If the clip is run and no more occurrences are found, you will
      get the entry box again instead of a message saying that no occurrences
      have been found. You can just press the escape key to dismiss it and if
      you want to search back again just use the other clip.

      I hope that this helps.

      H="Find Down"
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+F Tab H D Tab F Esc

      H="Fund Up"
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+F Tab H U Tab F Esc

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Marco Paulinelli
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
        Hi Larry.
        Thank you very much! It worked very well and it was what I was looking for!
        Forgive my ignorance, but only two things more!
        When I use thise clips, after that, the clip window becomes open.
        What I must add in it to close that Window?
        And how I assign the find up clip to the shortcut ctrl+pgup and the find down clip to the ctrl+pgdn?
        Thanks again!

        H="Find Down"
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+L Tab H D Tab F Esc

        H="Find Up"
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+L Tab H U Tab F Esc

        Marco.

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
          Hi Marco,

          At 03:47 PM 6/1/03 -0300, you wrote:
          >Hi Larry.
          >Thank you very much! It worked very well and it was what I was looking for!
          >Forgive my ignorance, but only two things more!
          >When I use thise clips, after that, the clip window becomes open.
          >What I must add in it to close that Window?
          >And how I assign the find up clip to the shortcut ctrl+pgup and the find
          down clip to the ctrl+pgdn?
          >Thanks again!

          I am sorry but I see no way to do this. Possibly, Eric will include such a
          thing in version 5.0. You can run clips from the keyboard by pressing a
          series of various keystrokes which I am sure you are aware of and there are
          keyboard shorcuts for many of NoteTab features such as Ctrl+F to get the
          search dialog. There is even a new capability to assign shortcut keys to
          menu items that don't have them or reasign other shortcuts to substitute
          for those that you may not like. But as far as I know right now there is
          no way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a specific clip. Eric has provided
          a clipbar so that we can assign clips to our own customized toolbar button
          on the clipbar but he has not provided such a function for the keyboard. I
          wish that I could be more helpful but that is all I know at this time.

          As to your question about the open clip window, I am not sure about what
          you mean. If you are referring to the "search" dialog reappearing, you can
          dismiss it by pressing the escape key. I think you already know that you
          can toggle the clip panel open or close by pressing the F4 key. For the
          most part, you can dismiss most open windows, wizards, and info boxes, etc
          by pressing the escape key.

          If you place the two clips in one library by itself, you could then execute
          them more easily. Just select the library. Once you have selected it, you
          can close it or leave it open if you wish. When you wish to use the clips
          just press the escape key and the "In-Context" combo box will open in your
          document just to the right of your cursor. Press cursor down until the
          clip name you want appears and then press enter to execute the clip. If
          you wish to execute the clip repeatedly after the first time just press and
          release the escape key and then press and release the enter key to excute
          the clip each time. Each time how ever is not one key pair but a two
          keystroke press and realease - not like a shortcut key. If it were you
          would press Esc+Enter instead of Esc then Enter.

          You can also press Ctrl+Space to execut the last clip you ran from the
          keyboard. There is a problem here how ever. You should probably add a
          ^!Delay of 1 or 2 seconds at the beginning of any clip that has ^!keyboard
          commands in it. Basically the clipbook interpreter gets confused when you
          are pressing keys on the keyboard and it is trying to enter keys from a
          ^!Keyboard command. The ^!Delay will give you a chance to press the
          shortcut keys and then get your fingers off the keyboard before the
          ^!Keyboard command gets executed.

          I hope that this helps.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Marco Paulinelli
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
            Hi Larry.
            Ok.
            Many thanks!

> [...]

            you wish to execute the clip repeatedly after the first time just press and
            release the escape key and then press and release the enter key to excute
            the clip each time. Each time how ever is not one key pair but a two
            keystroke press and realease - not like a shortcut key. If it were you
            would press Esc+Enter instead of Esc then Enter.

            You can also press Ctrl+Space to execut the last clip you ran from the
            keyboard. There is a problem here how ever. You should probably add a
            ^!Delay of 1 or 2 seconds at the beginning of any clip that has ^!keyboard
            commands in it. Basically the clipbook interpreter gets confused when you
            are pressing keys on the keyboard and it is trying to enter keys from a
            ^!Keyboard command. The ^!Delay will give you a chance to press the
            shortcut keys and then get your fingers off the keyboard before the

          • hugo_paulissen
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
              Hi Marco Antônio,

              I'm not sure if this is what you want, but the following is a clip
              that uses the last-used findstring to start a search.

              ^!ProgIniSave
              ^!Find ^$GetValue("FindDialog:SearchList_1")$ BS

              This (elementary) clip will search backwards for the last find-string
              in your document - without prompting. If the string does not appear
              in the remainder of the text nothing happens.

              If you remove the B from the options it will do the same, but it will
              search forwards only...

              So: make two copies, and name them to your liking. You could
              (artificially) create a shorcut by changing the target-path (in
              Windows Explorer) of the properties of a shortcut to NoteTab.exe to
              something like this:

              "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L=Tour:FindAgain

              You can assign a shortcut key as well in the same window. If you do
              not use multiple instances the clip defined by the command-line
              parameters will execute (in my case: library=Tour, clip=FindAgain. I
              could assign Ctrl+ALT+PageUp to start up the clip to search
              backwards. The other one would need a second shortcut with a
              different command-line parameter.

              As Larry (I think) has told you there is no easy way to assign a
              shortcut to a clip in NoteTab.

              Hope this helps,

              Hugo