Re: [Clip] Trailing Spaces - 2

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2003
      Larry / Jody / David / Ray -

      And probably some others...

      Darn, I didn't keep the non-working version. It sounds like you hit on the
      problem, tho. Now I remember having had that problem a couple of years ago.

      I like Larry's 'remove spaces' clip -- it is going right on my toolbar.

      Thanks to all for your contribution to the solution.

      Dick Gascoigne
      Singapore
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2003
        Bob (I think you were the original poster in this thread?)

        >> H="Remove Trailing Spaces"
        >> ^!Replace "\s*\n" >> "\n" TISWAR

        > I added the "W" but it put it into a loop that I needed
        > Ctrl-Alt to terminate, so I removed the "W".

        I suspect the problem with it might be that the construct "\s*\n" will
        ALWAYS be satisfied on EVERY line even with no trailing spaces: "*" matches
        zero or more occurances of the token before the "*".

        Hence it should be "\s+\n" >> "\n" which should replace all trailing spaces
        in one go without needing loops.

        Also: I think with regexps the "T" option is meaningless - I don't believe
        it makes any difference whether present or absent.

        Regards ... Alec