Re: [Clip] Problem getting Select to select

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      Hi Dick,

      At 06:06 PM 5/30/03 +0800, you wrote:
      >Alan -
      >
      >You're right, but wordwrap is OFF. :-o
      >
      >^!Open "^%Filenames^%NR%%"
      >^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      >^!SetWordWrap OFF
      >

      >As mentioned in my previous reply, I've taken the back door approach and
      >changed the logic. (After 3 hours of dinking around with trying to get it to
      >work.)

      I may have found your problem. It is very hard to see some typing errors
      when you are writing clips and one of the worst of them is to place a
      trailing space where it must not be. This frequently causes clips to fail.
      I tried:

      ^!SelectTo 15:3

      without a trailing space and it worked forward or backward from anywhere in
      the document. Then I placed a trailing space on it.

      ^!SelectTo 15:3

      And it fails to select anything no matter what I do. I think that this may
      have been your problem. If you have your old clip, You might check it out.

      As you know, NoteTab Pro has the ability to show non-printing characters
      [spaces, tabs, and cr/lf's] which should help in finding mistakes like this.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...