Re: [Clip] Re: NoteTab 4.95 released

    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2003
      Hi Stefan,

      (Still have your message Stefan; I'll get to it... ...someday :-)

      The code is already done in a different Perl type RegExp that is
      used in EzImager now. It will be used in v5 of NoteTab. We most
      likely, hopefully, will not see anymore NoteTab v4.xx upgrades.
      That will mean we are getting closer. :) Lots of work already
      done and lots more to do. Eric has gone about as far as he is
      going to go with RegExp in v4.xx including any glitch fixes.

      Here's more information about it...

      > One other question: In the Help file you mention that in the
      > next major upgrade you will switch to a Perl 5 Regular
      > Expression Engine. Will this mean that clips, etc. will have to
      > be rewritten ? Is it possible to include BOTH engines?

      Most of the regex syntax will be the same, though there will
      probably be some differences that will require modifying some of
      the patterns. The Perl 5 variant will add more options with
      choices like greedy and non-greedy matching. ;) -jody@...

      Regards,
      --Eric

      http://www.notetab.net