Re: [Clip] Re: Copying & preserving subdirectories

  • Ray Tomes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2003
      David Elliott wrote:
      > XXCOPY will do all that for you including making a folder named with
      > today's date. It will also do copies based on archive bit (like a
      > backup) or do a filedate compare and copy only newer if you are using
      > it to do a synchronize. It is adaptable to almost any strategy.

      I don't have XXCOPY, but it sounds useful. I recently got a program
      called 2xExplorer which is available at http://netez.com/2xExplorer/ for
      a donation to charity. It may be of interest to NoteTabbers because it
      has a similar lean mean machine feel to it.

      2xExplorer is like Windows Explorer except that it has 2 windows and has
      far more functions able to be driven by keystroke operations which makes
      it work nicely with NoteTab.

      It also has many other functions that would often require many other
      programs to achieve, such as batch renames (including sequence numbering
      etc), batch copies (this is relevant to the discussion - did you wonder
      if I would ever get there?), folder synchronisation options, hard links,
      sticky and fancy selections, wildcards and disk file search and replace.

      The writer also has a sense of humour ... describing 2xExplorer as
      A swiss army knife* for your everyday file management needs.
      *(suitable for air-transportation within handbags etc)

      Ray