Re: MSO coding

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 9 , May 19, 2003
      Piotr, Jelks, Alec, Jeff, Jody...

      To give it a try, I downloaded and installed OpenOfice. Althought the
      output of OpenOffice is leaner than that of Word, I will not use it
      again. This may have to do with the specifics of the Word-files I
      receive (and am obliged to work with), but it takes OpenOffice a
      loooong while to import my .doc, and (more important) it messes up
      some of the lists in the original document. (I only checked very
      briefly what the output was like, when I noticed this I decided to
      uninstall OpenOffice again).

      Jelks, thank you for your clip(s) - but they do not have a very
      satisfying effect on my document. Too much of the output remains
      untouched. I know how to get rid of these however, but as stated it
      quite often is much simpler to work with a plain text-version of a
      document and do the restyling from there.

      FWIW: I copied a screendump of the same Word.document in Word and
      OpenOffice and the html-output of both applications -in Mozilla-
      to http://users.skynet.be/hugopia.

      Hugo