MIME Cleanup...

  • Bob Gorman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2003
      I'm on several list serves that are most prolific, so I get the digests
      rather than individual emails. However, they are often unnecessarily long
      because of duplication.

      Heres what happens:
      The following lines are in the digest file.
      ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FB61.319716A0
      ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FB61.319716A0
      ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C2FB61.319716A0--

      The message between the 1st & 2nd "NextPart is the same (roughly) as
      between the 2nd & 3rd line.

      Does anyone have a clip that would clean up and shrink this MIME messages?

      Also, it would be nice to replace all the =20 with space, =B8 etc.
      Does anyone have a list of these?

      Bob
      "To create New Answers; you must ask New Questions."
      - Bob Gorman
      http://www.kncell.org
    • jorma.oksanen@aina.fi
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2003
        Larry Thomas <larryt@...> wrote:

        > I'm not much help on the first but the =20 and =B8 are hex numbers as you
        > have already guessed. You need an ascii chart.

        It should be possible to translate hex to ASCII without table,
        using ^$CharToDec(^$HexToInt(^%hex%)$)$ where %hex% is two-digit
        hex number. IIRC "=" followed by linefeed means that linefeed
        should be discarded, but it also could be that such combination
        should be replaced by single space.

        Here's logic for such script, I don't have time to write one - sorry:

        :loop
        search "="
        not found? exit
        next char linefeed? replace =LINEFEED by space, goto loop
        get next two chars, replace =hh by decoded char, goto loop

        Cursor position should be after replaced text to handle =3D ("=")
        correctly, ^!InsertText takes care of that.

        Jorma
      • Piotr Bienkowski
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2003
          On 7 May 2003 at 0:22, jorma.oksanen@... wrote:

          > using ^$CharToDec(^$HexToInt(^%hex%)$)$ where %hex% is two-digit

          shouldn't it rather be ^$DecToChar(^$HexToInt(^%hex%)$)$ ?

          HTH

          Piotr

        • jorigami
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2003
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Bienkowski" <syntax@i...> wrote:
            > > using ^$CharToDec(^$HexToInt(^%hex%)$)$ where %hex% is two-digit
            > shouldn't it rather be ^$DecToChar(^$HexToInt(^%hex%)$)$ ?

            Yes, I copy-pasted wrong function from clip help.

            Jorma