Re: [Clip] Can you run a clip via a keystroke?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      Hi Cas

      At 07:27 PM 5/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >If so please show me how.
      >
      >Thanks Cas

      Press and release the escape key. You will see an "In Context" clip window
      appear. You can do one of three things, weel a fourth actually if you want
      to change the clipbook library.

      1. If you know the name of the clip you want to activate start typing it
      in the box and the clip will appear as soon as enough information is typed
      in to identify it and then press enter to activate it.

      2. Cursor up or down until the name of the clip you want appears and the
      press enter to activate it.

      3. Hold down the Alt Key and press up or down to open up the drop-down
      list and the cursor up or down or page up or down till you reach the clip
      you want and press enter to activate it.

      $. The steps above will give you access to the current clipbook library
      only. To change to another library hold down the Shift key and press F10.
      Then press up or down until you see the clipbook you want highlighted and
      press enter to select it. Then do one of the 3 items above to select a
      clip and activate it from that clipbook.

      NOTE: Once you have run a clip this way, if you want to run it again and
      again, all you have to do is press escape to see the "In-Context" listbox
      with the clip already selected and press enter. Just keep pressing escape
      and then enter every time you want to activate this clip. This will work
      until you select a different clip or library or shut NoteTab down.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2003
        Hi Cas

        I have been checking things out and there are another set of keystrokes
        that can do this also. F4 will open the clipbook panel on the left and
        Shift+F4 will switch the focus back and forth between the document and the
        clipbook panel. When you are in the clipbook panel, you can cursor down
        and press enter to activate the clip. In addition you can switch back and
        forth between the clipbook panel list of clips and the combo box at the top
        of the clipbook panel by pressing Ctrl+F6. You can cursor up or down to
        finad another clipbook library you want and press enter to select it or you
        can press Alt+Cursor down to activate the drop-down list for the combo-box
        and then cursor up or down to another clipbook library that you want to use
        and press enter to select it.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • casullian_454
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2003
          Thanks Larry,

          That is not really what I had in mind. I was hoping there was a way
          to reassign a set of keystrocks to directly run a clip. Example:
          Assign ALT + P to run a clip that places a set of HTML paragraph tags.

          From your answer, that is not possible.

          Thanks Cas